cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you do? Collections agency phone call.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What would you do? Collections agency phone call.....

I'm working on getting one final collection off of my husbands credit report and they just wont budge!
I have sent a PFD and they called this morning looking for money. I spoke with the guy who is dealing with our account and here was our convo.

me:I have sent some letters and heard no response and I'm wondering if I pay the balance in full, if you guys will remove this from my husbands credit reports.

man:I'm sorry but we do not do that here and here is why, everyone has to be treated fairly and be responsible for their debts.

me: ok, well, we are looking to buy a house soon and really would like this removed to increase our credit score. I am being responsible for my debts, I will be paying them. I have had other collections in the past removed totally.

man:The only thing we can do is mark it as paid, other companies who are removing the collections from your credit reports are not suppose to.

me:Well I guess I will be calling you back

UGH! What should I do! It's for $900 dollars and if they aren't going to remove it, I'm not going to send them $900 I could put towards other things. Frustrating
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: What would you do? Collections agency phone call.....

This collection isn't going to go away.  Unfortunately, when you apply for your mortgage, all collections MUST be paid or no loan will be written.

Find out WHO the owner is and send him the PFD letter.  Also, do NOT speak to CA on phone!

Which CA is this?  By telling them you're going to be shopping for a mortgage wasn't the best thing you could have done.  They now know you have to pay this collection off in full....lost leverage.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The OC is a hospital. THis is a very old medical bill. about 3 years old....

I should PFD the hospital? Can they pull it back from the collections, even after I've paid some on this in the past?
Message 3 of 5
tonikitchen
Established Member

I have had a few collections agencies after me but I paid the acount directly to who I owed and never paid the collection agency. When they called I tell them I have paid the account in full and they need to take me off their list. Most will do that once they contact the company that hired them or they may request proof you paid with either a cancelled check or receipts.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some states have NO  SOL on hospital bills  and some do.  I would call the hosp. and find out about paying them. I would not say 1 word about the CA!!!!  Get a receipt from the hospital!!!!! Make sure that the debt was not sold to the CA!!!!!

DO NOT talk to the CA!!!!!

wait as long as you can or just befor applying for mortgage & DV the CA   CMRRR

As for the mortgage co....they will accept the receipt from the hospital showing PIF.

You can not get a mortgage with outstanding bad debt.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.