Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What would you do?

I just had stellar inc delete an account off my experian after I submitted a DV, then they sent me a dunning letter in regards to the same account.  The letter states if I don't respond I acknowledge that the debt is mine.  Original debt holder is dish network.  I am confused what they are thinking to delete in first place.  Does is matter that they are the proxy and not the true account holder.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: What would you do?

They might only be an assigned agent of the OC, or they may have purchased the debt.  It really does not matter at this point as to their dunning notice of your DV rights.

Deletion after a DV usually signifies that the debt collector has teminated their collection authority.

It is not uncommon to see a deletion of a collection after a DV, but it is kinda unusual to see a deletion followed by a dunning notice.

But agains, it is not really relevant as to next steps.

If your DV was timely, they cannot reinsert theri collection without first sending debt validation.

You might see a new debt collector come on the scene, in which case you must send them a new DV to restart the debt validation process with them.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.