Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the problem with Transunion

tag
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Whats the problem with Transunion

well I just went in and actually got into the dispute section.   So maybe they really did have web issues,  thanks guys and girls   Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 15
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Glad to hear it.  Hope they are proveeding well  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 15
Jimer

The site is still not working for me.  TransUnion is asking for some "personal" information which I refuse to supply so perhaps they have flagged the account.  My hope is this flag will fall off in 90 days.  I'll check on occasion and post an update. 
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

they ask for personal info to insure that it is you accessing your info not someone else. You can call them and verify your info and they will clear the path for you.
Message 14 of 15
Jimer

Thanks dekrist - I called and they requested copies of my Social Security card and my drivers license.  I'm not about to send either one.

I believe George Orwell may not have been to far off on this one.  Think about it, this private company wants me to send my SSN and photo ID so they are sure I am who I say I am?  Just ask me some questions about my credit or my last purchase, or better yet, ask me a question about my dispute with Sallie Mae.  Why would they want a picture ID and my signature which they have no record of?  Sounds risky to me........
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.