Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the proper letter

tag
adamkingadam
Regular Contributor

Whats the proper letter

For removing charged off credit cards, is it still considered a GW letter?
Starting Scores: 1/1/2016
EX 600 EQ 598 TU 610
Current Fico Scores (9/2016):EX: 674 EQ: 678 TU: 689
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
sl
Established Contributor

Re: Whats the proper letter

Depends.

If they are charge off's and you owed the money a PFD would be the best.

If they were paid and showing charged off, dipuste to correct proper reporting and then do a GW Letter.
Message 2 of 7
adamkingadam
Regular Contributor

they were charge off's and were paid off,  my understanding was that a PFD letter was for unpaid charge off's, which you are willing to pay for a deletion.
EX 600 EQ 598 TU 610
Message 3 of 7
sl
Established Contributor

If they were paid, I would send a GW Letter.
Message 4 of 7
adamkingadam
Regular Contributor

thanks for the help!
EX 600 EQ 598 TU 610
Message 5 of 7
golfmomfor3
New Contributor

I have a similar situation ..... Paid in full to a CA entire balance (not settlement amt) for a FNB Omaha card charge off to CA in May 03 - paid in full May 04.  When refinancing in 07/05, disputed accuracy of the reporting status of some accounts and FNB reaged to look as if account was still "charge off" in 05.  Now in the process of attacking our credit scores again due to home equity denial from our credit union (pulled from Equifax).  Aggressively requesting reinvestigates on inconsistencies among CRAs and appealed directly to FNB (CA never showed on CRs).  They sent a letter with a direct contact saying they would change reporting to "paid as agreed"/paid in full.  This quickly showed on TU (deleted) and Experian.  Equifax continues to report that account has been confirmed charge off and again has reaged to look like current charge off, even though balance is 0.  What this looks like to creditors is that the balance is 0 because was charged off or sold to CA and maybe never paid to them!?  Continue to fight and am waiting on reply from again another appeal to change.  This has been a full time job!

In the process of appealing to all CRAs, I received an updated report from Experian yesterday - looks like they have reaged (to look current) a collection account that was paid in 03!  Experian continues to report "confirmed" on a Capital One Healthcare (braces) as 30 days late, when have received verbal from C.O. that account shows current and never reported on their end!  Faxed C.O. a copy of my husbands 3-in-1 yesterday - waiting patiently!

In the midst of all this research, I decided to approach a local car dealer on 07/31 about trading in truck for newer truck that my husband has been eyeing.  I typically would have waiting, knowing what I have learned recently about our scores.  But as an experiment, I wanted to see (they said they have different lenders that pull from different CRAs) what they would offer us, based on my recent appeals.  On that same day, we received my husband's 3-in-1 report which showed TU reporting our refinanced mortgage (transferred from USBank to Wachovia in 07/05) as still open with USBank, AND with lates after it was transferred!  This showed as a double mortgage obligation for us on the lenders front page of their printout!  This has never showed on our personal individual TU report.  This has been floating out there without our knowledge for 2 years!  Called USBank and faxed this evidence to them to change "serious" misreporting on their behalf!  When calling them, they have no evidence of our old account, since refinanced in 07/05.  HOW CAN A LENDER REPORT LATES ON AN ACCOUNT THAT WAS SOLD TO ANOTHER LENDER AFTER THE FACT?  WHERE WOULD THIS INFORMATION COME FROM?  Anybody out there have similar issues? 

Message Edited by golfmomfor3 on 08-05-2007 07:03 AM
Message 6 of 7
golfmomfor3
New Contributor

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.