Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats wrong with TU??

tag
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

Whats wrong with TU??

Is something going on with TU? They are OVER 10 DAYS LATE on their usual reporting of my card.

I'm waiting on it to post so I can go to a credit union and get a loan. This delay is going to cost me my car.  Kinda pissed.

edit: called TU and they offered to dispute it? I said no but should I??

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Whats wrong with TU??

Disputing will just make your situation worse. TU is notorious for being the last CRA to update their database with new information... typically 2-3 days after equifax, which is 2-3 days after experian (quickest). All you can do is wait it out unfortunately.

You sure it is TU's fault and not the creditor? Sometimes they delay sending updated information when an account is paid in full or closed.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 17
FrugalRican
Blogger

It's definitely LOLUnion.

They've still yet to update my Discover balance and it's been at least 14-15 calendar days by now. It's quite normal with them.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 3 of 17
sunshine7157
Regular Contributor

@JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

Is something going on with TU? They are OVER 10 DAYS LATE on their usual reporting of my card.

I'm waiting on it to post so I can go to a credit union and get a loan. This delay is going to cost me my car.  Kinda pissed.

edit: called TU and they offered to dispute it? I said no but should I??

Hey! Remember me? I'm still in the same boat with you. Mine has yet to update, also. Mortgage & auto always report on the 4th and 5th. My auto just updated today. Nothing yet on mortgage.

Message 4 of 17
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: What's wrong with TU??

I swear TU begrudges removing any information that results in scoring bucket changes.

I had some 'baddies' that were aging off, tenth of every month, like clockwork.... Now the last one doesn't seem to have a calendar. Once it falls off I'll have a perfect record. But no!! It's just hanging out on TU and mocking me daily, LOL!

Keep telling myself "Scores are fine, it's nearly 7 years old, and you're not applying for anything so it really doesn't matter" but it's falling on deaf ears. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 5 of 17
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

TU should be shut down. 2 bureaus are enough.  Ugh all well more waiting.\

EDIT:  13 days late. Still no change.  I hate TransUnion.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

On Average TU updates 11-12 days after my closing dates on my accounts. Doesn't really matter to me because Amex and Chase which I do business with mostly pull from Equifax and Experian. Transunion usually has the most pulls from Discover(for CLI), Store and Department Store Credit Cards and Capitol 1.

Message 7 of 17
drkaje
Senior Contributor

It. Just. Won't. Fall. Off.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 8 of 17
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

normal for TU.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 9 of 17
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

Finally, 14 days late, it updates.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.