Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When AmEx revives an account...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When AmEx revives an account...

I closed the account in 1994 - we wanted to AU me onto DH's card and the rep asked if I had ever had an AmEX (answered truthfully, yes).  They will re-open my account (with all the age from 1981) but how will  the last 7 years 'show' --  no activity, paid as agreed, etc....

Also, and this is really creating a WOOHOO - they offered me black at the plat fee for a year, then the AU rate for 2 years then full rate after that.  Yes, I use to spend that much with them (in fact it was hinted that if I hadn''t closed the account that I would have had one of the original blacks - hence the offer)

And they haven't touched my CRs yet - and I won't accept until the CA is off...this was all from 'internal' records and probaby reviewing DH's account also since the AU request is what started all of this.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 04-04-2008 02:27 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When AmEx revives an account...

Are your current scores still those noted in your sig line?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, the collection hasn't come off yet and new balances (lower) will post by the 20th hopefully.... the offer is good for 30 days from March 31....
Message 3 of 5
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I closed the account in 1994 - we wanted to AU me onto DH's card and the rep asked if I had ever had an AmEX (answered truthfully, yes). They will re-open my account (with all the age from 1981) but how will the last 7 years 'show' -- no activity, paid as agreed, etc....
Also, and this is really creating a WOOHOO - they offered me black at the plat fee for a year, then the AU rate for 2 years then full rate after that. Yes, I use to spend that much with them (in fact it was hinted that if I hadn''t closed the account that I would have had one of the original blacks - hence the offer)
And they haven't touched my CRs yet - and I won't accept until the CA is off...this was all from 'internal' records and probaby reviewing DH's account also since the AU request is what started all of this.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 04-04-2008 02:27 PM

Please do tell us more about the Amex Black! I sorta thought of that as a semi-mythical and rarely seen beastie like Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster. I got Amex green in 1982, moved to gold about 10 or 15 years ago, and get offered Platinum every couple months (so far haven't gone for Platinum since its benefits for me don't seem to be worth the added annual fee for me). How much more would Black normally cost and what does one get for it?
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the Wikipedia article on the Centurian (black) card:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.