cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Banks and Credit Cards Hard Pull what do they see??

tag
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

When Banks and Credit Cards Hard Pull what do they see??

AS it states. What do banks and Credit card companies see when they HP a credit applicant?? DO they see what we see when we pull or pay for our report minus the soft pulls. Do they see the listed Jobs/employment listed there? and when you have been working there since?  DO they see things we dont see in our files? other data sets or info not returned to us?

Reason I ask is I have a job listed there that was a extra income job and I dont want it to look like I eneded my old  job that says I have been there for 15 years if you go by dates listed in Credit file. the new job is 9 months old give or take. and could care less if its there. dont want to there if it raises any internal score flags a bank could have.

DO banks internally score if employment is listed in a Credit file and when from??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fot1
Established Contributor

Re: When Banks and Credit Cards Hard Pull what do they see??

They see what is on the credit report that you get from the CRA's, like the free annual report.. Yes they will see all employment listed on the reports..

Too many to list..
Message 2 of 6
fot1
Established Contributor

But I wouldn't worry to much bout that.. I have one report that shows last job with  end date of 2011... Never been an issue with any of my credit apps or buying a house in the time since..

Too many to list..
Message 3 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@fot1 wrote:

But I wouldn't worry to much bout that.. I have one report that shows last job with  end date of 2011... Never been an issue with any of my credit apps or buying a house in the time since..

My last employement was from 1997 on 2/3 of my credit reports.  Ignore it, anyone that cares will have you verify income.

        
Message 4 of 6
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Seeing that 1997 I think is a bonus. If you are still list the same job it is. It looks like you have been working at the same job for 17 years. More stable abilty to pay if the income is dencent.  If I was a internal scoring machine that is what I would see.

If I saw a new job listed 6 months to a year or so ago ontop of a job from 15years ago I might think he just lost his job or is strugling and stared a new one. A person might not have as stable or high paying job anymore. That is what I was wondering if internall scoring takes that leap of thought to determine your CL worth. Just a thought.

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@MidnightJester wrote:

Seeing that 1997 I think is a bonus. If you are still list the same job it is. It looks like you have been working at the same job for 17 years. More stable abilty to pay if the income is dencent.  If I was a internal scoring machine that is what I would see.

If I saw a new job listed 6 months to a year or so ago ontop of a job from 15years ago I might think he just lost his job or is strugling and stared a new one. A person might not have as stable or high paying job anymore. That is what I was wondering if internall scoring takes that leap of thought to determine your CL worth. Just a thought.

Considering that 1997 was on the order of two dozen employers ago, probably not Smiley Happy.

It's an irrelevant bit of background information on the report, used for identity verification purposes and may be self-reported in it's entirety.  Anyone that is looking for your work history is going to be doing a background check which will pull far more than just a credit report for most people and there are specialized databases which track employment and income: that's not what a credit report is either designed for or good at.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.