cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I asked for one time goodwill gesture from original creditor, they weren't kidding!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I asked for one time goodwill gesture from original creditor, they weren't kidding!!!

I Sent a GW letter to sallie mae and asked them to remove a paid charge off student loan that was due to fall off in another year. I specifically asked in the letter that if they would make a one time goodwill gesture and remove the listing from Equifax, experian, and transunion. Well they must have taken that interpitation literally because they deleted from Equifax only, it still remains on the other 2 cra's. The only explanation I can think if is maybe my neatly hand written letter was scanned by the text recognition system and it somehow only picked up the first CRA in the sentence, Equifax and was removed by some automated system? My next step is to write another goodwill and ask for Deletion from the other two! Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When I asked for one time goodwill gesture from original creditor, they weren't kidding!!!

It could be that the other two are slow to update.
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When I asked for one time goodwill gesture from original creditor, they weren't kidding!!!

aerospace10 wrote:
I Sent a GW letter to sallie mae and asked them to remove a paid charge off student loan that was due to fall off in another year. I specifically asked in the letter that if they would make a one time goodwill gesture and remove the listing from Equifax, experian, and transunion. Well they must have taken that interpitation literally because they deleted from Equifax only, it still remains on the other 2 cra's. The only explanation I can think if is maybe my neatly hand written letter was scanned by the text recognition system and it somehow only picked up the first CRA in the sentence, Equifax and was removed by some automated system? My next step is to write another goodwill and ask for Deletion from the other two! Any thoughts?

I had a similar situation with CapOne. Sent a dozen plus GWs and they finally deleted a 90 and a 30 day late. Only they deleted off TU only!

I sent  new letters out, but I'm using that as leverage. I am sending them thank you letters thanking them for the TU deletion and asking them for goodwill on the other 2. They rarely work with GWs, but figured if they saw a "thank you"  and "you deleted off TU" routine, then they might follow through. It has been 6-8 weeks since the delete and 1 week since the GWs were fired off.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.