cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can I expect these to fall off my credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When can I expect these to fall off my credit report?

I have noticed that some of my lates/collections have been falling off my credit report before the 7 year mark.   I have 3 more 60 day lates on my report now and wanted to get your opinions on when they will fall off my report:

• April 2003
  • June 2003
  • July 2003

I know it's 7 years but I just had a collection from February 2003 that fell off my credit report Oct 2009.   I want to buy a new car next year and I would prefer to wait until these 60 day lates fall off. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When can I expect these to fall off my credit report?

Expect them to fall off 4/2010, 6/2010, and 7/2010 respectively. As you pointed out, stuff falls off early. Some people have reported lates falling off right at the 7 yr point. Some have reported that it fell off past the 7 yr point (by law it is 7-7.5 yrs), and even saw someone post that a baddie fell off years early. YMMV based on the CRA. Early in the yr had some lates fall off. It came off 2 months early on EQ, 1 month early on EX, and 1 yr early off TU.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.