Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can I get my first Experian Score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When can I get my first Experian Score?

So I got my first credit card in November and I started making my first payments on December and have been making timely payments ever since then. So when can I request my Experian Score and if I do will it give me a hard inquiry or no?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When can I get my first Experian Score?

@Anonymous wrote:
So I got my first credit card in November and I started making my first payments on December and have been making timely payments ever since then. So when can I request my Experian Score and if I do will it give me a hard inquiry or no?

Thanks!

Usually takes 6 months and no it won't be a hard inquiry to check it

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I should probably check around the end of May? Would it hurt if I checked it right now?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok so I should probably check around the end of May? Would it hurt if I checked it right now?

Checking your own score or checking to see if you have one will not hurt your score. Your score only gets "Hard Inquiries" which can deduct some pts when a lender pulls your score when you are requesting credit. You can get a free credit report from each credit bureau yearly, but you can also access them in many other ways. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have subscriptions they offer (for a fee) where you can check your credit daily. Out of the three subscriptions in my opinion Experian is the best because it gives FICO scores and not FAKO scores. You can also subscribe here at myfico (for a fee) and you will get access to all 3 FICO scores. You can join Credit Karma or somewhere like that for free, and sites like that are good just to see what is on your reports, but Credit Karma will only provide Equifax and Transunion reports and the scores that they give you are FAKO (meaning that they are basically irrelevant in the real world).

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

K thanks! Very informative, So do you think I can check in May to see if my score comes up or should I wait til June? Since I opened my first Secured CC in November and started making my payments in December.
Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

You need 6 months reported which isn't necessarily the same as from open date.  Determine your report date and use that as a starting point.  Most cards report on statement date but confirm for your specific card/creditor.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.