Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When did collection date start???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When did collection date start???

I have a collection account thats being reported through EQ & EX. My question is as follws, based on this info, when did the collection time start......

EQ
Date Opened: 3/05
Balance Date: 7/07
Date of sStatus: 7/07

EX
Date Opened: 3/05
Balance Date: 9/07
Status Date: 9/07

If anyone knows the answer, it would be appreciated. As far as I know now, the account with EX has been deleted because I disputed it with both EQ & EX letting them know it wasnt mine (cell phone opened 6 years ago, identity theft) and I sent the CA a DV and Experian doesnt even carry the account anymore.....so just in case EQ still will, when did the time start? I hope I didnt confuse anyone......
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: When did collection date start???

This does not seem to have any info related to when it will drop off due to SOL.  You would have to check EQ with a direct pull and find out the DOFD date, which is when the clock starts.  Don't waste the money on a pull yet if you have stuff still cooking.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that info SmartCookie. I checked my CR from EQ that I just pulled a week or so ago and saw that the DOFD is 04/2002. So that being said would it just fall of my report 04/2009?
Message 3 of 4
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

DTG12878 wrote:
Thanks for that info SmartCookie. I checked my CR from EQ that I just pulled a week or so ago and saw that the DOFD is 04/2002. So that being said would it just fall of my report 04/2009?

Welcome DTG12878.  Technically it is 7 years from that date plus 180 days... so figure 10/2/2009 max.  So that's the worst case scenario. The direct pull will show you what date EQ has it scheduled for removal on.  Again, no need to spend money on that just yet.  

I think it will wind up being removed under the circumstances though, and I've got my fingers crossed for ya.  Smiley Wink 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.