Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When disputing using TU "handwritten form"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When disputing using TU "handwritten form"

Do you think they will process if I do NOT give out my current employer - give me a break they don't need my DL # or current Employer - just curious what others have done...I'm completely a reinvestigation form because I want to know MOV based on a dispute I did online through TC.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

Re: When disputing using TU "handwritten form"

you do not have to give them current employer, but sometimes they want a copy of your DL and SS card, also with EX they want utility bill with current address on it.  I would send it to them, so your results don't get held up, because they want identity verification
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks SunnySmiley Happy  I just don't think my current employer needs to be reported - everyone I owe KNOWS where to find meSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

also, if investigating  online, they shouldn't need it. If they do, believe me, you will get a letter stating what they want
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the dispute online originally but it just came back as "verified" and remains - but it's got me with a stupid $5k credit line with some CMG company and it shows OPEN, which let me tell you if I have that credit line, we'd have a few more necessities than we do, it is definitely NOT open.

So, I am taking someone else's advice on here and using PEN to write my "reinvestigation form" that I printed out (your supposed to do this if you disagree) and they'll look into it.  I thought by using PEN and writing thank you and smiley's all over it might help them just say the heck with it!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recommend that you not use the CRA provided forms for disputing. They may tend to think, "This one is compliant enough to use our form. Deny the dispute and make 'em try again."

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You rock - thanks Noah - since I just did it last week, do you think they'll flag me as a meanie or something if I do it tonight?

Thanks a MILLION!!!Smiley HappySmiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unlikely. I've sent a written dispute, and then faxed a dispute a few days later.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah, again thank you for the response.  I seriously was beginning to think I had dumb questions but I needed answersSmiley Happy

Can you send me their latest fax number?  It says for re-investigation (if you don't agree with results) then fill in the form.  I don't want to do it that waySmiley Happy
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.