Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do Inq stop counting in FICO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When do Inq stop counting in FICO?

Specifically hard inqs - is it as of the date (1 year later) or that month (beginning or end)?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When do Inq stop counting in FICO?

1 year towards score-

Had me scared for a second, there was a discussion about when the # of them stop affecting score.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 8 in one month on EQ so I need to wait those out - and was hoping they would stop calculating into the score as of the date (not end of the month)

Yes, I did check myself in...I am on a one year treatment program,,, by which time I will have only 1 ING calculating in FICO (can you tell I'm planning something BIG?)
Message 3 of 6
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

I am glad you asked that question cause I would like to know the time also.

I have 10 hard inquires...5 of which were when I was shopping for a car loan 4 are the same date and 1 is the day after. I know I read somewhere when u are shopping around like that they should only count as 1 hit. I can't find where I read that now...But is that true?

Message Edited by oogiemoo on 10-22-2007 08:14 PM
Message 4 of 6
Verde
Established Member

Auto loan inqs in a period of 2 weeks are counted as 1 only
Message 5 of 6
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Fico may count them as one, but do creditors see it that way? I think creditors go by the number of inqs.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.