cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do Pre Approved offers start to arrive?

tag
Pants
Regular Contributor

When do Pre Approved offers start to arrive?

What credit score do you need before you start to see Pre Approved Credit offers fill up your mailbox?

Both my wife and I have credit scores in the 530 to 575 range. Within the past month we have received a few credit offers in the mail. I got a Capital One with a $300 Limit but with a $49.00  yearly fee. So to use the card I will need to pay them over 10% of the limit per year? My wife keeps getting offers from some sort of University Aliumni Card.. I think I also got a Best Buy Card pre approval offer. In a way.. I don't want another card.. but I guess it does make you feel more confident you are working to improve your credit score when you get Pre Approval Letters.. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: When do Pre Approved offers start to arrive?

I'd ballpark it around 620 when most people would see prescreened/preapproveds coming regularly.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.