Regular Contributor
Pants

When do Pre Approved offers start to arrive?

What credit score do you need before you start to see Pre Approved Credit offers fill up your mailbox?

Both my wife and I have credit scores in the 530 to 575 range. Within the past month we have received a few credit offers in the mail. I got a Capital One with a $300 Limit but with a $49.00  yearly fee. So to use the card I will need to pay them over 10% of the limit per year? My wife keeps getting offers from some sort of University Aliumni Card.. I think I also got a Best Buy Card pre approval offer. In a way.. I don't want another card.. but I guess it does make you feel more confident you are working to improve your credit score when you get Pre Approval Letters.. :smileyhappy:

Valued Contributor
SmartCookie

Re: When do Pre Approved offers start to arrive?

I'd ballpark it around 620 when most people would see prescreened/preapproveds coming regularly.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}