Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do charge offs fall off

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

When do charge offs fall off

I just recently pulled my credit reports and noticed charge off that fell off on my experian report, but it is still showing up on my tu and eq. When should I expect them to fall off the other two reports, so I can maybe think about getting some soft pull cli. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Re: When do charge offs fall off

@mongstradamus wrote:

I just recently pulled my credit reports and noticed charge off that fell off on my experian report, but it is still showing up on my tu and eq. When should I expect them to fall off the other two reports, so I can maybe think about getting some soft pull cli. 

If you pull your TU from annualcreditreport.com, it will give you an estimated date when it will fall off.   EQ has a DOFD (Date of First Deliquency)...it is roughly 7 years from that date...give or take a few months early or later.  It can't stay on any longer than 7.5 yrs.  I had a couple CO's due to fall off my EQ in June....they disappeared just a few days ago...so YMMV.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 2 of 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Lechte wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

If you pull your TU from annualcreditreport.com, it will give you an estimated date when it will fall off.   EQ has a DOFD (Date of First Deliquency)...it is roughly 7 years from that date...give or take a few months early or later.  It can't stay on any longer than 7.5 yrs.  I had a couple CO's due to fall off my EQ in June....they disappeared just a few days ago...so YMMV.

hmmm thats interesting to note, i just checked my TU report i got from annual credit report from last year. They give an estimate of April when it is supposed to fall off. Thats an bit odd that Experian removed it two months earlier. I guess i can just wait pateiently for them to fall off. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

While awating the expected exclusion of a charge-off or collection, the one thing to do is to obtain the DOFD that was reported to the CRA.

Having the actual reported DOFD as opposed to an expected date serves two purposes.

First, in allows you to determine if the reported DOFD jives with your own account records, and if not, take action to get it corrected before the actual exclusion date arrives.

Second, it tell you the maximum date after which it MUST be excluded by statute.

Yes, the CRAs will normally exclude a few months earlier to give themselves a cushion against violating the stat max date of 7 years plus 180 days from the reported DOFD.

Thus,actual exclusion varies between the three CRAs.

Once the max date has passed, you then have legal basis for complaint of the CRA's violation of the statutory maximum period.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.