cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does/should myFico update changes to reports?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When does/should myFico update changes to reports?

I had a joint account with my ex that her credit union still showed as open; it initially kept showing as open until I spoke to someone with the credit union who fixed it in their system as showing me off the account, Equifax and TransUnion picked the change up fine and listed me off the account, Experian flubbed it all up, not only listing the account as still open but as me being sole owner of the account, not even joint.  Anyways, the credit union went back and forth with them and in the end just decided to delete the account outright so it wouldn't show up on my report at all, which was fine since my ex had some late payments.

They did that last Friday, on Monday the credit union called and had looked at Experian and they had updated showing the account as deleted, I double checked pulling an Experian report directly from them and it showed the account no longer there and also my score had increased 25 points as a result, so any idea when myFico will update?  And a side question, a mortgage lender pulls directly from the credit bureas doesn't it?  So even if myFico doesn't update, the lender will still get the updated info?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: When does/should myFico update changes to reports?

A tradeline being deleted from the report isn't a trigger for MyFICO to refresh.

The next time a trigger does happen (balance change, etc), it'll pick up the deleted account as well.

Yes, a mortgage pull (or any other "live" pull) gets a fresh report directly from the CRA, without the trigger issue.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

myFICO's monitoring is a trigger based service.  This page explains the triggers.  Note that not all activity is a trigger.

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/~/understanding-what-triggers-fico%C2%AE-3-bu...

@Anonymous wrote:

And a side question, a mortgage lender pulls directly from the credit bureas doesn't it?  So even if myFico doesn't update, the lender will still get the updated info? 

Yes to both questions.

Message 3 of 5
elim
Senior Contributor

@iv wrote:

A tradeline being deleted from the report isn't a trigger for MyFICO to refresh.

The next time a trigger does happen (balance change, etc), it'll pick up the deleted account as well.

Yes, a mortgage pull (or any other "live" pull) gets a fresh report directly from the CRA, without the trigger issue.

Which in my opinion is idiotic from a users view. I'm sure it makes sense to MF as they can make some more $ due to not having to make the extra pull but, come on... that is a major change in both reporting and scoring.  The poor sucker that has 1 CC and PIF's before statement cuts will never even get to see his scores  Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 5
iv
Valued Contributor

@elim wrote:

@iv wrote:

Which in my opinion is idiotic from a users view. I'm sure it makes sense to MF as they can make some more $ due to not having to make the extra pull but, come on... that is a major change in both reporting and scoring.  The poor sucker that has 1 CC and PIF's before statement cuts will never even get to see his scores  Smiley Indifferent

I suspect that's more of an issue with the triggers made available by each CRA.

Any credit-monitoring system can only use the triggers exposed to it by the CRA (and the options are not the same across the big three).

The only way around that (other than waiting for another trigger event) is to do a periodic non-triggered pull - most monitoring systems I've seen do that either weekly, monthly, or quarterly, in addition to the triggers.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.