cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the best time to apply after you get denied for credit? Another inq question...

tag
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

When is the best time to apply after you get denied for credit? Another inq question...

I applied for an Amex on the 19th of June. Denied.
Is it better to apply again soon or wait? And if waiting is better,..about how long?
By applying I don't mean for the same company, but for new credit with someone else.

I want to apply for CCCU, and I can't decide whether to apply now or wait a month or so.

I'm just confused,...what's new..
BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When is the best time to apply after you get denied for credit? Another inq question...

Do it now unless you think your scores will increase in the next month or two.
Message 2 of 4
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

Re: When is the best time to apply after you get denied for credit? Another inq question...

Tuscani wrote:

ok,..i just applied...
got a message that they will contact me on the next business day
i know they don't do instant approvals, so i'm not too worried,...
i asked for 5k on the visa,..with my 642 exp score and income i hope i can get that or I'd settle for even 1k,. Smiley Very Happy
BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Bruiser wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

ok,..i just applied...
got a message that they will contact me on the next business day
i know they don't do instant approvals, so i'm not too worried,...
i asked for 5k on the visa,..with my 642 exp score and income i hope i can get that or I'd settle for even 1k,. Smiley Very Happy

Good luck.. FYI.. They don't do instant approvals.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.