Valued Member
Christian

When it goes to collection

Quick question - when an account is charged off by the original creditor and sent to collection, should the balance and amount past due remain on the original entry as well as on the new collection entry or should there be a change to the original account when it goes to collection?  It seems I am getting double dinged on my totals.  Is this correct?
Established Contributor
Irvin

Re: When it goes to collection

I once had same account appear twice on my reports. One from original creditor, 2nd from collection agency. I got one of them removed via a dispute.
Established Contributor
so_confused

You will most likely see a change in the amounts because of fees and interest etc.
9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702
Valued Contributor
Boswd

And yes both the the original creditor and the CA can show up on your credit report for the same debt.
Established Contributor
trinigal

[ Edited ]
Boswd,

What happens when you pay the current collections, say like a PFD and they remove it, how do you then get rid of the original creditors post?

Message Edited by trinigal on 07-11-2007 07:11 AM
Regular Contributor
dazednconfused

I would think that the OC has to report as a paid charge off.  I think that they can still report CO, but it should read zero balance, etc.
Established Contributor
trinigal

dazednconfused wrote:
I would think that the OC has to report as a paid charge off.  I think that they can still report CO, but it should read zero balance, etc.

mmmm, you should be able to get it removed, i guess GW then.
Valued Contributor
Boswd

I would think a GW could work with the original creditor.   Another way would be to wait a bit and dispute in hopes that the OC doesn't want to take the time to verify a paid debt.
Established Contributor
trinigal

thanks!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}