cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When sending DV letter CMRRR do i have the letter stamped also?

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

When sending DV letter CMRRR do i have the letter stamped also?

If so how does this work?  What do I ask of the post office?

I have two DV's I am sending to the Cb's showing they never validated.  I am worried cause the letters werent stamped but I have proof the green cards were signed.

Thanks!
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

Re: When sending DV letter CMRRR do i have the letter stamped also?

When you paid for  the CMRRR, they included the $0.41 stamp in the total.  Look at your receipt, you'll see it there.

atlast
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

glamchick wrote:
If so how does this work?  What do I ask of the post office?

I have two DV's I am sending to the Cb's showing they never validated.  I am worried cause the letters werent stamped but I have proof the green cards were signed.

Thanks!

Do you mean the letters weren't stamped with the same stamp that is on your CM receipt? The sent date stamp? If that is what you are referrring to, the letters don't get stamped with that.

If you have the green cards showing they were signed and when they were signed you are fine.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 03-21-2008 09:12 AM
Message 3 of 8
glamchick
Established Contributor

Im just confused, how do the Cb's know that this is the actual letter the ca's signed for?

I will send the letters with the green with the copies of the letters showing the ca's did receive them.
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 4 of 8
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

When you go to fill out the cards, on the top of the letter you write in the CM number from the little form so that it'll correspond, however it's still hard to prove that it's the same letter I guess lol
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 5 of 8
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

Sorry, guess I mis-read.

How does the CRA know it's the same letter? You send it to them with the GC, they "take your word" for it, don't they?  You're creating/providing a paper trail. 

How do they take the word from the CA that the information is correct?  They push a button. 

Now, if CAs sent their letters to consumers CMRRR, there would be a longer paper trail.  But they don't, at least in my experience.  It's going to be tougher for the CA to "prove" that they communicated with you than for you to prove that you communicated with them.

Just my $.041 (and going up in May again!)
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

glamchick wrote:
Im just confused, how do the Cb's know that this is the actual letter the ca's signed for?

I will send the letters with the green with the copies of the letters showing the ca's did receive them.

What I do, is go to the post office and pick up a stack of CM labels and green cards. Then when I type up my letter, I type in the CM#. I make two copies of letter. One copy I send to the CA. The other copy I put with my CM receipt(after post office stamps) and the green card when I get it back.

I've never sent anything to the CRA yet. However, the green card, CM receipt, and letter will all have matching tracking #s. The CRA can go to www.usps.com and track with that number and see it was delivered the same place that the green card says, which is the same place your CR says the creditor is located.

As for how the CRA knows what exact letter you sent or if you just sent a blank envelope, they don't know 100% sure. However, they are to consider documentation from the consumer when a consumer disputes the account being on the report.
Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Yea, what Sidewinder said. I just mailed 7 more today. Need to hire an assistant to fill all of that out.

Funny (or not so funny) thing is, while I was in line, there was a young woman at the counter with at least 100 envelopes. She didn't fill out the GC and the receipt before getting into line. The clerk didn't have the sense I guess to have her step aside and do it on her own. Each envelope takes about 30-45 seconds after everything is assembled to enter zip code in USPS computer, scan, print the postage and stamp a red CMRR on it. I bet she was there for 2 hours!

sidewinder wrote:

glamchick wrote:

What I do, is go to the post office and pick up a stack of CM labels and green cards. Then when I type up my letter, I type in the CM#. I make two copies of letter. One copy I send to the CA. The other copy I put with my CM receipt(after post office stamps) and the green card when I get it back.

I've never sent anything to the CRA yet. However, the green card, CM receipt, and letter will all have matching tracking #s. The CRA can go to www.usps.com and track with that number and see it was delivered the same place that the green card says, which is the same place your CR says the creditor is located.

As for how the CRA knows what exact letter you sent or if you just sent a blank envelope, they don't know 100% sure. However, they are to consider documentation from the consumer when a consumer disputes the account being on the report.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.