Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to check score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When to check score

Is there a particular time when it is best to check your scores? Like end of the month, etc...,

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Re: When to check score

I would like to know that one too.

I think it all depends on when your creditors report, some report 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th week of the month. You can certainly call them to find out when they report, if they are all fairly close to the end of the month I would wait until the 1st week of the next month to pull one.
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When to check score

Like gdtobefree mentioned, it varies from CC to CC.

I just began looking at this. It comes in handy to app when your scores are at their peak. I do know not to rely on TC's CC reporting dates as they are different than the reports in MyFICO. For example, I PIF three CCs this past week (low balances) and they reported to TC as such. I paid those cards based not on the due date but the reporting date to TC. FAKOs went up but those don't matter any. So, I pulled FICOs and the old balances are still reporting. It's an art form or science, don't know which.

I do pull twice a month and still am trying to figure it out.

I've got to add that keeping all CC util under 10% everyday solves this too. Something I'm guilty of.

Message Edited by llecs on 02-01-2008 10:33 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.