Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my accounts fall off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When will my accounts fall off?

I was wondering how long it takes for things to fall off your credit report after you have paid them off. I have five things that I paid in Febuuary but they are still on my report.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge!

Hello. 

Items can stay up too 7 years on your credit report. Edited.

Hi StuGril, advocating or suggesting the disputing of accurate info violates our Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines, Terms of Service, and User Guidelines that prohibit the promotion of certain types of credit repair. - llecs, myFICO moderator

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When will my accounts fall off?

I am monitoring my credit monthly now and disputing my credit. I am also paying off my all of credit cards and paying everything on time so I do get anymore late payments. It may take a year, but I want to purchase a home in a year or so. 

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Disputing is the worse thing you can do. There are a number of things that can happen when disputing accurate info. Speaking from personal experience, I've been blocked from disputing by the CRAs for "frivolous disputes", had a FA slapped on a CR, had accurate info verified and FICO read it as a newer baddie resulting in a score drop, disputing resulted in increased collection activity because the CRAs will give the creditor your updated contact info, disputing almost got me sued, and disputing made it harder to get baddies removed legitimately.

Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I was wondering how long it takes for things to fall off your credit report after you have paid them off. I have five things that I paid in Febuuary but they are still on my report.

OP, I split your post to form a new thread found in here. As mentioned, baddies generally remain for 7 yrs (CRTP) past the DOFD. Paying a baddie won't automatically get it removed unless you got it in writing that they'll remove it. Positive accounts remain for 10 yrs from the date of closure.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone here ever have an account that didn't report but the bank said it was reporting it? how did the issue get resolved?

i've been trying for 8 months to get citibank to correct my issue. 3 years of payment history on a student loan but it isn't on my credit reports. the old student loans i consolidated are but not the one i'm paying on.

any help would  be appreciated

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

devilbaby, that, unfortunately, is not the way credit reporiting and FICO scoring works.

FICO is primarily a risk analysis based on your risk of future default.  As a major indicator of your risk of future default, ti looks at you prior history of default.

It does not have a "mea culpa" deletion of prior derogs once the debt that caused the derogs is finally paid.  The drog is still a derog.

Monthly drogs on an OC account remain for 7 years from each of their individual dates of late, regardless of future payment.

Charge offs and collections remain for 7 1/2 years from the date of first defatult on the OC account, again, regardless of payment.

The only way to get them off prior to these statutory dates is to secure a written agreement from the creditor for their voluntary removal.  That is what PFD and GW is all about.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.