cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you apply for a cc, does your score drop immediately...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you apply for a cc, does your score drop immediately...

When you apply for a cc, does your score drop immediately? I have applied for the Hooters MC, Amex Skymiles, Amex HHonors, and the Amex Starwoods..and also a Dell credit line and Exxon card all since June 18!!! I know...scary thought, but they ALL got approved!Smiley Tongue

Anyway....after all of these inquiries, my score has only gone down 2 points. All of the inquiries show up....but haven't appeared (yet) to really affect my score.

Does this seem right?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When you apply for a cc, does your score drop immediately...

The hit is immediate.. the overall impact (if any) will depend on your overall file.

I say "if any" because there a certain threshold where Inqs no longer counted against you. No that threshold cannot be shared. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:
The hit is immediate.. the overall impact (if any) will depend on your overall file.

I say "if any" because there a certain threshold where Inqs no longer counted against you. No that threshold cannot be shared. Smiley Happy

Let me clarify my ?....if my score was going to fall anymore...would it have done it by now??

And this threshold stuff you are talking about...is it a bad thing???
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:

That info. is G-14 classified innit??!!! 
Dang it Tusc!!!  You're killing me!

But I understandSmiley Sad
Message 4 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

flygirl wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

Let me clarify my ?....if my score was going to fall anymore...would it have done it by now??

Yes, you have already taken any hit you are going to get for Inqs. The threshold is good. But having enough Inqs to reach that threshold is bad. Smiley Happy  
Message 5 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

trinigal wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

That info. is G-14 classified innit??!!! 
Dang it Tusc!!!  You're killing me!

But I understandSmiley Sad

I'd have to kill you.
Message 6 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@Tuscani wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tuscani wrote:

Yes, you have already taken any hit you are going to get for Inqs. The threshold is good. But having enough Inqs to reach that threshold is bad. Smiley Happy  

Did yoy reach it on your 41st or 42nd cards? Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Message Edited by smallfry on 07-02-2007 11:44 PM
Message 8 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@Tuscani wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tuscani wrote:

Did yoy reach it on your 41st or 42nd cards? Smiley Very Happy

441st
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.