cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find all soft pulls on my credit report?

tag
diamondmap

Where can I find all soft pulls on my credit report?

Hi folks.... I have merged credit report from the 3 CRA. I only see HP. Is there a special report where I can see SP? Thank you

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Where can I find all soft pulls on my credit report?

The distinction between a so-called hard and soft inquiry is that hard inquiries are those that are viewable on credit reports availble to others, while soft inquiries are viewable only by the consumer.  Since soft inquiries are not viewable by others, including the FICO scorers, they cant be included in credit scoring.  By statute, certain types of inquiries cannot be shown in CRs obtained by others.

Any commercial credit report is thus by definition unable to show softs, as it is generated based on access of your credit file info by others.

The yearly free credit reports at annualcreditreport.com are provided only to consumers to view their own credit reports, and are produced directly by the CRAs with no commercial vendor involved.

Thus, softs can legally be shown in reports you obtain there.

Reports you get directly from the CRAs can also show them if they are aware that you are requesting your own report.

Message 2 of 4
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Only way to get them is by buying a copy of your credit report from the individual CRA.  As mentioned it's not really important but I do like to see who' s been poking around a couple times a year. 

Message 3 of 4
diamondmap

You're right, I was able to view on EQ but only when I asked them to make them available for viewing. Although I bought 3 credit reports from EQ, I can only view the SP on EQ. I have to request individual reports for each CRA.

I have a question though: What can a credit see when they do a SP? score, new account, late payment,,,etc?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.