Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I view my SPs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I view my SPs?

How can I view the SPs on my report?  I monitor my credit using MyFico and Credit Karma and I've read posts where people talk about viewing if an SP was done (such as the shopping cart trick on Comenity) but I have not found a way to view the SPs. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Where can I view my SPs?

SP's are only provided on reports obtained directly from each of the CRA's.  Be careful as their monitoring services that offer reports may not provide SP's.  You want just the report.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Takeshi74!  That explains why I can never find it!  Cat Happy

Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

A soft pull is, by definition, one that is viewable only by the consumer, and nt others.

Thus, they are always included in pulls from annualcreditreport.com, which is restricted ONLY to consumers pulling their own reports.

Witht that being said, since the monitoring products we are offered are to monitor our own reports, there is no reason why soft pulls could not be shown.

My speculation is that it is just laziness on the part of the vendors, who would have to produce a separate product that includes softs.

It is most likely easier/cheaper to just offer a single product that can be sold to anyone without fear of violation the soft pull restriction that prevents their being seen by others.

Message 4 of 8
aav
Established Contributor

I am able to view sp's with equifax but have no found where to locate them with experian. Planning on canceling the EX anyway. Not sure abt TU.

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

annualcreditreport.com is, by definition, limited only to consumer review of their own reports, and is thus able to show SPs without any concern of violation of the FCRA.

That is how most consumers obtain their SPs.

Message 6 of 8
dabo1502
New Contributor

All, I'm not sure if this is allowed to be mentioned, but if the OP has been "denied" credit, he can "dispute" a charge for that particular credit bureau and obtain a copy of the CR; it would list the soft pulls. Thanks
EQ - 812 (CCT) 5/29/17 / EX- 819 (CCT) - 5/29/2017 / TU - 812 - 5/29(CCT) / Util - 2% / AA0A - 6 years, 8 months

Diners Club Prestige - $40K; Amex ED - $18K; Amex BCE - $5K; Chase CSP - $6K; Chase Freedom Unlimited- $8K; Chase IHG - $17K; Walmart MC - $7.6K; Discover - $12.9K; Merrick - $4850; Credit Care - $2.5K; Pay Pal - 5K; Macy's - $5.2K
Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You cerrtainly can mention the right to a free copy of your credit report if denied credit.

It is a statutory right if the creditor pulled a credit report from that CRA and it was used as part of their decision making.

It is not handled by way of any dispute.  You simply send a request with a copy of the denial letter to the CRA from which the CR was pulled within 90 days of the date of the denial, and the CRA is required to send a copy.

However, I am not sure if those reports include records of all soft pulls.  Since creditors dont see soft pulls when you app with them, they could not have been basis for their denial, and thus dont serve any purpose under that requirment of statute.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.