Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did it go??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where did it go??

I use TC for monitoring purposes only.  I noticed a jump in my EX score today.  When I compared to a previous report, it looks like a recent judgment (which is satisfied) has disappeared.  It was paid in February and has been on my report until now.  What gives?  Is it gone for good?  Or am I setting myself up for disappointment later?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where did it go??

If it's paid then the original OC should have no reason to report it again, so if it's gone it should be gone for good.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think they can re-insert a paid judgment
Message 3 of 11
Boswd
Valued Contributor

agreed, just keep a watchfull eye on it for a while though. 
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohhh, I did not think the OC reported at all.  I thought it was a seperate entity that reported.  Why would it have been there since Feb. and suddenly disappear?  Thanks for the reply though, it gives me hope. 
Message 5 of 11
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Timothy wrote:
I don't think they can re-insert a paid judgment

Hmmm I'm not sure about that.   If it still falls within the 10 yr period, I don't know if you have any recourse.  

Message 6 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Anything can be reinserted... However, per the FCRA, you must be notifed within 5 days.

If you don't receive notification in 5 days, send them a letter stating they are in violation of the FCRA for reinserting a previously disputed and deleted tradeline without notifying you and you want it immediately and permanently deleted.

--

Under the FCRA Section 611(a)(5)((ii) ". . . . reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than
5 business days after the reinsertion or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.
(iii) Additional information. As part of, or in addition to, the notice under clause (ii), a consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer in writing not later than 5 business days after the date of the reinsertion
(I) a statement that the disputed information has been reinserted;
(II) the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available, or of any furnisher of information that contacted the consumer reporting agency, in connection with the reinsertion of such information; . . . ."

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, well here's the thing.  If the scores TC gives you are fake, are the reports fake also?  In that case I guess the judgement may or may not be still on the REAL Experian report.  Anyone know anything about that?  I recently noticed that an old chargeoff was reinserted after dropping off.  I pulled a real TU report to dispute and it was indeed there.  They took it off again with no problem.  Was this only because it is a TU site, or would that hold true for all reports?
Message 8 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

daytona18 wrote:
Ok, well here's the thing.  If the scores TC gives you are fake, are the reports fake also?  In that case I guess the judgement may or may not be still on the REAL Experian report.  Anyone know anything about that?  I recently noticed that an old chargeoff was reinserted after dropping off.  I pulled a real TU report to dispute and it was indeed there.  They took it off again with no problem.  Was this only because it is a TU site, or would that hold true for all reports?

TC is your actual reports. With that said.. I have seen some sporatic inconsistencies with the way TC presents the data (usually with EQ only). But nonetheless, the TLs themselves should match up.

Message Edited by Tuscani on 06-20-2007 03:27 PM

Message Edited by Tuscani on 06-20-2007 03:28 PM
Message 9 of 11
Boswd
Valued Contributor

The report is not fake, that is the report Fico uses in their scoring formula.    Just TransUnion own scoring system is the one that is not widely used by lenders.   But the Report is the Report.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.