cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I begin DV or PFD Letter??? Please help!

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Where do I begin DV or PFD Letter??? Please help!

First I wanted to say these forums are great!!! I have learned so much and I hope this works for me like it did for you guys. 

I have some CA's on my CR that I need to get rid of.  They are from 2001 - 2005.  I am going to try to send letters first to get them deleted.  Here are my questions:

1. Should I first begin with a DV letter first? If they confirm then a PFD letter?

2. Another question I have is some of the CA's are coming off this year should I just leave them alone and wait for them to come off?  or can they sell my account to another CA and start all over again?

3. Another question I have, AFNI has reaged an account on my CR.  This account was deleted when it was with another CA and now its back on again w/AFNI.  This account was first reported back in 2003.

Any help is greatly appreciated and hope to have my score up there with you guys!!!Smiley Happy
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where do I begin DV or PFD Letter??? Please help!

Only my opinion - but always DV first.  Even the ones falling off this year.  Be certain of SOL on any of these.

Yes they can be sold to another CA who will insert another TL - but the fall off date shouldn't change (whether they do something illegal is another story but you can make them pay for that)

Message 2 of 5
glamchick
Established Contributor

Can anyone guide me with which department I should send these DV's to at each company???

Thanks!
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dvs only go to a CA!!!!  the address that is on you CR is what you use.

Always know what your SOL is before sending a DV or a dispute. You do not want to get sued!

What is the DOFD or DOLA on the CA?

Always DV a CA   CMRRR!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 01-16-2008 08:14 AM
Message 4 of 5
glamchick
Established Contributor

This is for Maryland

State
Written contracts       Oral contracts              Promissory notes              Open accounts
                                                                                                               (including credit cards)

Maryland        3                           3                         6                                              3

Which one do i use?

For AFNI they did some date changing on me.

MY fico says DOLA April 2003

Equifax they reported DOFD 7/2007

Experian they say due to be removed 2010.  If it says this than that means DOFD should be 2003 correct?  They reported it as new for equifax.
Experian
reported 7/2007
date of status 8/2007
last reported 1/2008

TU it just says date opened 12/2006

So can i send a DV letter even though they changed the dates????
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.