cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you monitor your fico scores from?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do you monitor your fico scores from?

I've been paying a monthly membership for access to my credit reports and scores straight from EX, EQ, and TU's websites. About 40-45$ a month total. I wouldn't mind keeping it the same except I've just come to realize that I'm only getting vantage scores from TU and EQ. I want to find a way to regularly monitor changes in my credit report and fico scores. What is everyone here using?
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Where do you monitor your fico scores from?

I do the $1 trial thru Credit Check Total every few weeks.  I also have the subscription from MyFico

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been paying for myfico but now that my credit report is clean and scores leveled out, I will probably cancel.  

Discover credit scorecard is separate from discover credit card.  Through scorecard, you can get a free monthly experian fico score.  I have a discover credit card and get a free TU score monthly.  My citi dc card provides a free monthly equifax score.  I monitor changes to my credit reports on credit karma.  I just ignore their scores.  

Message 3 of 42
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been paying for myfico but now that my credit report is clean and scores leveled out, I will probably cancel.  

Discover credit scorecard is separate from discover credit card.  Through scorecard, you can get a free monthly experian fico score.  I have a discover credit card and get a free TU score monthly.  My citi dc card provides a free monthly equifax score.  I monitor changes to my credit reports on credit karma.  I just ignore their scores.  

That citi dc provided score is a bankcard 08 score with a possible 900, it is an equifax score but not a fico 08.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 4 of 42
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been paying a monthly membership for access to my credit reports and scores straight from EX, EQ, and TU's websites. About 40-45$ a month total. I wouldn't mind keeping it the same except I've just come to realize that I'm only getting vantage scores from TU and EQ. I want to find a way to regularly monitor changes in my credit report and fico scores. What is everyone here using?

As someone else said CCT trials work, and when you call to cancel they will offer you a discount to keep it open for 14.95 per month for a year. I had rather just pay that than have to keep messing with the trials.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 5 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I get my TU from my Discover It Secured card for free. It updates monthly on the 15th for me.

I get my Experian score from experian.com for free. Sign up for their $1, 7 day trial and cancel within 7 days and you can get a monthly update. it updates on the 30th for me (as long as I log in on the 30th).

I signed up for Experian towards the end of the month that way I get bi-weekly updates from a major CRA (the 15th and 30th each month).

Then, I use Credit Karma for weekly information, but those are FAKO scores. I mainly use CK for...honestly I don't know why, but I do my budget every Friday and that is when I check my CK just to keep myself focused on the end goal.

Message 6 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

yup, use CCT and then cancel the trial over the phone.  They will try and keep you by offering 15.00 a month which is great seeing as Experian is updated daily and the monthyl refresh of all 3 are on the 27th of the month,  Not bad for 15.00

Message 7 of 42
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Actually, the refresh for all 3 is 30 days after the last refresh which might not be the 27th.
Message 8 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of votes for CCT but not any for the myfico monthly updates? I signed up for CCT last night and although my 3 fico scores are the same as the ones I got from myfico.com, I noticed on CCT's EQ report is has some slightly different information for some of the accounts (mostly listing "Open" for old student loans that were defaulted and sent to collections, then paid off). I didn't look too thoroughly at the rest but are these discrepancies a big deal? Or just part of getting my reports second-hand?
Message 9 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

*Not many
Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.