Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor

Re: Where do you monitor your fico scores from?

I use MyFico, Discover and Experian.

I have memberships to TU and EQ as well, but that's because I'm currently working to get some erroneous items corrected or removed.

EX08 659 EQ08 660 TU08 695 Starting: mid 300'sGoal: 700
Highlighted
Contributor

sarge12 wrote:

Srot wrote:
I've been paying a monthly membership for access to my credit reports and scores straight from EX, EQ, and TU's websites. About 40-45$ a month total. I wouldn't mind keeping it the same except I've just come to realize that I'm only getting vantage scores from TU and EQ. I want to find a way to regularly monitor changes in my credit report and fico scores. What is everyone here using?

As someone else said CCT trials work, and when you call to cancel they will offer you a discount to keep it open for 14.95 per month for a year. I had rather just pay that than have to keep messing with the trials.

That is what I do.  They give you Experian score and report daily and Transunion and Equifax once a month.  Credit Karma for free will give you changes to your report for Equifax and Transunion.  I also get a Transunion score halfway through the month from my Bank of America account.  Discover also gives a free FICO score from Experian once a month to anyone.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]
sarge12 wrote:

As someone else said CCT trials work, and when you call to cancel they will offer you a discount to keep it open for 14.95 per month for a year. I had rather just pay that than have to keep messing with the trials.

I signed up for the CCT $1 trial last Sunday and called & canceled today, the rep didnd't offer the discounted $14.95, pretty much just "OK, I've canceled it for you, you'll get an email confirming". I would have gone for the $14.95 for at least the next couple of months as the 7 accounts w/lates included in my 2010 BK7 are falling off over the next few months. Someone else posted that EX updates daily? I never got anything but the report created on April 16. I got TU to early exclude all BK accounts and my TU FICO jumped from 677 to 720. The CCT 4-16 report had both EQ & EX at 688, with EQ showing 2 IIBs w/lates and EX showing 5. So I particularly want to monitor EQ & EX over the next few months as everyting gets cleaned up.

EDIT: I just logged in to CCT, it's saying I qualify for the $1 trial again already, but it look like I would only get an updated EX report. Do I have to wait a month before the $1 trail would give me all 3 reports again? I don't want to call & cxl weekly just for EX.

FICO Scores: TU 720, EQ 688, EX 688
Established Contributor

MyFico,TU,EQ,EXP,CK.....I know it sounds a bit much but it worked for me to get me where I am. Once I close on my mortgage I will probably cut down some...makes me feel comfortable....lol

AmexPlat(NPSL) AmexOpt (13.1k AU) Walmart(10k) Discover(8k) BB Visa(6k) Pier 1(3.5k) Kohls(3k) J Crew (1.4k) Amex Delta Gold(5k) Amex BCP(22k) BofA(15k) Barclaycard(5k) Venture WMC(6.45k) Chase FU(7k) QS(3.3k)Citi Diamond (4.5k)

FICO 8 Scores EX 730(19) EQ 689(13)TU 724(22) Mortg Scores EX 691 EQ 671 TU 711 (April 4 2017) AAOA 3.3yrs TCL=113,250.00

How does everyone like the myfico subscription? I'm thinking about adding that to what I have now, since they give you real FICO scores. I also have some collections that I'm watching closely so I don't mind paying a little extra for the CRA memberships so I can satiate my constant need to check on my reports for updates.

If a collection were to fall off one of my reports, would the myfico subscription alert me of the specific details immediately?

That is a lot! But I'm considering doing the same since I'm hoping to buy a house in the next year. And CK is free, or no?
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]

Srot wrote:
I've been paying a monthly membership for access to my credit reports and scores straight from EX, EQ, and TU's websites. About 40-45$ a month total. I wouldn't mind keeping it the same except I've just come to realize that I'm only getting vantage scores from TU and EQ. I want to find a way to regularly monitor changes in my credit report and fico scores. What is everyone here using?

There are a lot of free tools out there, for both monthly FICO scores and reports.  That's what I do.  Plus I sign up once every 18 months for the myFICO Ultimate package and then cancel it a week later.  My approach costs $20 a year on average. Let me know if you are curious to hear me sketch out the details and I will be glad to do that.

CreditGuyInDixie, Yes please do! I'm spending about 40-45$ a month right now, and am considering adding another 30$ to watch my fico scores. It's getting expensive.

I'm specifically trying to watch the last couple collections come off my reports and want to watch my fico mortgage scores. I'm extremely close to where I need to be to start looking for a house and I'm becoming more obsessive about checking daily.
Established Contributor

Srot wrote:
That is a lot! But I'm considering doing the same since I'm hoping to buy a house in the next year. And CK is free, or no?

Credit Karma is free

AmexPlat(NPSL) AmexOpt (13.1k AU) Walmart(10k) Discover(8k) BB Visa(6k) Pier 1(3.5k) Kohls(3k) J Crew (1.4k) Amex Delta Gold(5k) Amex BCP(22k) BofA(15k) Barclaycard(5k) Venture WMC(6.45k) Chase FU(7k) QS(3.3k)Citi Diamond (4.5k)

FICO 8 Scores EX 730(19) EQ 689(13)TU 724(22) Mortg Scores EX 691 EQ 671 TU 711 (April 4 2017) AAOA 3.3yrs TCL=113,250.00

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.