cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you monitor your fico scores from?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where do you monitor your fico scores from?

I use MyFico, Discover and Experian.

I have memberships to TU and EQ as well, but that's because I'm currently working to get some erroneous items corrected or removed.

Message 11 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarge12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been paying a monthly membership for access to my credit reports and scores straight from EX, EQ, and TU's websites. About 40-45$ a month total. I wouldn't mind keeping it the same except I've just come to realize that I'm only getting vantage scores from TU and EQ. I want to find a way to regularly monitor changes in my credit report and fico scores. What is everyone here using?

As someone else said CCT trials work, and when you call to cancel they will offer you a discount to keep it open for 14.95 per month for a year. I had rather just pay that than have to keep messing with the trials.

That is what I do.  They give you Experian score and report daily and Transunion and Equifax once a month.  Credit Karma for free will give you changes to your report for Equifax and Transunion.  I also get a Transunion score halfway through the month from my Bank of America account.  Discover also gives a free FICO score from Experian once a month to anyone.  

Message 12 of 42
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@sarge12 wrote:

As someone else said CCT trials work, and when you call to cancel they will offer you a discount to keep it open for 14.95 per month for a year. I had rather just pay that than have to keep messing with the trials.

I signed up for the CCT $1 trial last Sunday and called & canceled today, the rep didnd't offer the discounted $14.95, pretty much just "OK, I've canceled it for you, you'll get an email confirming". I would have gone for the $14.95 for at least the next couple of months as the 7 accounts w/lates included in my 2010 BK7 are falling off over the next few months. Someone else posted that EX updates daily? I never got anything but the report created on April 16. I got TU to early exclude all BK accounts and my TU FICO jumped from 677 to 720. The CCT 4-16 report had both EQ & EX at 688, with EQ showing 2 IIBs w/lates and EX showing 5. So I particularly want to monitor EQ & EX over the next few months as everyting gets cleaned up.

EDIT: I just logged in to CCT, it's saying I qualify for the $1 trial again already, but it look like I would only get an updated EX report. Do I have to wait a month before the $1 trail would give me all 3 reports again? I don't want to call & cxl weekly just for EX.

Message 13 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico,TU,EQ,EXP,CK.....I know it sounds a bit much but it worked for me to get me where I am. Once I close on my mortgage I will probably cut down some...makes me feel comfortable....lol

Message 14 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does everyone like the myfico subscription? I'm thinking about adding that to what I have now, since they give you real FICO scores. I also have some collections that I'm watching closely so I don't mind paying a little extra for the CRA memberships so I can satiate my constant need to check on my reports for updates.

If a collection were to fall off one of my reports, would the myfico subscription alert me of the specific details immediately?
Message 15 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a lot! But I'm considering doing the same since I'm hoping to buy a house in the next year. And CK is free, or no?
Message 16 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been paying a monthly membership for access to my credit reports and scores straight from EX, EQ, and TU's websites. About 40-45$ a month total. I wouldn't mind keeping it the same except I've just come to realize that I'm only getting vantage scores from TU and EQ. I want to find a way to regularly monitor changes in my credit report and fico scores. What is everyone here using?

There are a lot of free tools out there, for both monthly FICO scores and reports.  That's what I do.  Plus I sign up once every 18 months for the myFICO Ultimate package and then cancel it a week later.  My approach costs $20 a year on average. Let me know if you are curious to hear me sketch out the details and I will be glad to do that.

Message 17 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditGuyInDixie, Yes please do! I'm spending about 40-45$ a month right now, and am considering adding another 30$ to watch my fico scores. It's getting expensive.
Message 18 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm specifically trying to watch the last couple collections come off my reports and want to watch my fico mortgage scores. I'm extremely close to where I need to be to start looking for a house and I'm becoming more obsessive about checking daily.
Message 19 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That is a lot! But I'm considering doing the same since I'm hoping to buy a house in the next year. And CK is free, or no?

Credit Karma is free

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.