Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you start?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do you start?

I have been working with an attorney to send 'dipute letters' out for all items that need to be corrected.  This has been going on for about a year and have not seen the results that some of you have; such as scores improving by 50 pts. in 5 to 6 months.  Seems like I am approaching this the wrong way.  What is the ideal way to get started and see the same results that some of you have?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where do you start?

Fire the attorney and DIY. Start by reading the Scoring 101 thread.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Put the money you are paying the atty. into paying down your debt every month.  For me, the biggest boost in score was getting my utilization down.  I am still working on disputes!  Good luck!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Colorado
credit scoring is intricate
so when people do things to get things to come off it will impact your score positively however it is not a quick fix to the 800's you still have to have enough strenghth on your positive accounts to move you forward. low balances and long payment history minimal inquiries...so if you lack those three things you will have to just wait for time to be on your side. that is the biggest rule of thumb...
Financial budgets always have you take into account your assets and your liabilities.
credit is sort of like that...
your assets are perfect behaviours.....
your liabilities are the non perfect ones...
so put it together and it will compile you a score...........50 points is very good...to move up in scoring
don't be discouraged....K.  credit over TIME>....credit over TIME...

Message Edited by sherry on 12-30-2007 03:29 PM
Message 4 of 5
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Colorado:  In the three weeks I've been with this forum, my score has jumped 105 points, now down -50 because I've used up some of my credit lines. 

I think the biggest jump has been because I've had a baddie removed due to gw letter, and paid down some utilization last month which just caught up and had an au removed which had two recent lates.

I'm very happy.  You can do it also, just read the forums.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.