Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does an account show disputed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where does an account show disputed?

I disputed an account with Experian. The dispute was resolved and 'updated' and I received notifcation from Experian. I did this before I knew that having a disputed account could effect (or delay) my eligibility for a new mortgage.

I was going to call Experian to get the dispute remarks deleted, however on the account in question on my credit report I cannot see any record of the dispute, and there is nothing in the 'comments' section on the account. Does this mean that the dispute will not show up to my loan officer/underwriting when my credit is run, or do I still need to call Experian? It has been almost 2 months since the dispute was made.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where does an account show disputed?

@Anonymouswrote:

I disputed an account with Experian. The dispute was resolved and 'updated' and I received notifcation from Experian. I did this before I knew that having a disputed account could effect (or delay) my eligibility for a new mortgage.

I was going to call Experian to get the dispute remarks deleted, however on the account in question on my credit report I cannot see any record of the dispute, and there is nothing in the 'comments' section on the account. Does this mean that the dispute will not show up to my loan officer/underwriting when my credit is run, or do I still need to call Experian? It has been almost 2 months since the dispute was made.

Usually in the comments section or under account status. If there is no mention of dispute then its not in dispute status and no calls need be made.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.