Established Member
sweetkia21

Where is the best place to get a personal loan?

I am buying a house and will be tapped out. I need to do some repairs to the house and get my car fixed.I need to get at least $6500 and need to know the best place to get a personal loan that will be repaid in a year. I was thinking of opening an account with Delta Credit Union and getting the loan there.Does anyone have any suggestions?

Starting Score: TU-585,EQ-569,EX-542 (lender pull 1/24/12)
Current Score: UNKNOWN
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member
lecorps4fun

Re: Where is the best place to get a personal loan?

Your local credit union will probably be your best bet.  They tend to have a better interest rate.

Established Member
sk8rmom56

Re: Where is the best place to get a personal loan?

I'd also check out community banks in your area. I just this month got one from one, I actually was contacted by them (I'm not a customer). It seemed much too easy,but I was pre approved for a promotional. They are very new to here,having just absorbed another small group. I got a $5000 personal loan,at 7% for 36 months with no prepay penalty. I was also trying to find out about a personal loan for about a year now, for the same sort of things, not wanting to go to a HEL, but needing some dead trees removed,repairs on the kithchen sub floor and such. This just fell into the right time-right place karma thing for me. Also is reporting as a personal loan already and didn't hurt my score very much. Good luck.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}