Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's My Credit History??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where's My Credit History??

I've had credit in one form or another for 25 years but the longest credit history from any bureau is 11 years. i've bought cars and had credit cards with a perfect history that would help my credit in many ways. why are they not on my report?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where's My Credit History??

Have you looked at all three reports?

Are there any TLs that date back 25 years, like a current mortgage?

Unfortunately, once an account is paid off, most creditors stop reporting after some period of time. You are then at the mercy of the credit bureau. If they experience an "Oops", as happened several weeks back at TU, TLs might well disappear.

You can try contacting old creditors and asking them to report, but they are under no obligation.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

On EXP reports, accounts that were in good standing but (a) have been inactive for 10 years or (b) were closed, have this status notation:  "this account is scheduled to continue on record until [date that is 10 yrs after last payment/date closed]".
Message 3 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
On EXP reports, accounts that were in good standing but (a) have been inactive for 10 years or (b) were closed, have this status notation: "this account is scheduled to continue on record until [date that is 10 yrs after last payment/date closed]".

Exactly why I intend to keep this crappy Cap One card forever.
Message 4 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
On EXP reports, accounts that were in good standing but (a) have been inactive for 10 years or (b) were closed, have this status notation: "this account is scheduled to continue on record until [date that is 10 yrs after last payment/date closed]".

Exactly why I intend to keep this lousy Cap One card forever.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the key is to keep accounts open and current. Credit Cards, Mortgages and Student Loans will help me but car loans will not?
Message 6 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So the key is to keep accounts open and current. Credit Cards, Mortgages and Student Loans will help me but car loans will not?

Car loans help too.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ah. yes....i was thinking average. thank you.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do we fix our credit tha tfastest in 3 mo time

my husband was one of the first people  to have west nile in 2002 this was devastating to our credit i did not know how to pay the bills, for the matter i never even questioned our credit.  we had a little bit of money i was pretty much treated like a little princess.  with that said my husband came home pretty much a different person.  he suffered with horrible headaches and depression.  i had never seen him this way before.  pretty soon creditors started calling and i started asking what was going on and he was not paying our bills and basically blowing off our whole like. our credit fall from 797/720/803 grace.  since than it has been hard- he will not let me pay the bills he says he will handle this part he always has.  but our credit is suffering we have never not pay our debt but he will make 30 day lates last i checked his score was 613 tu and this is ridiculous we are starting to get our life back. we are building a new house how can we get this score up fast for a loan please help me help him.
we have never not payed our debt just late we make 150-175000/year but life is harder than it it needs to be
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.