Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to Start - Step 1

tag
My_dog_FICO
Regular Contributor

Where to Start - Step 1

I am in the process of straightening out the DH credit.  After his recent illness, he is finally back on his feet both physically and financially.  Now it's time to clean up his credit.

After hanging out on MyFICO for several weeks, I feel I have the power to do this job.  Thanks to all who have posted, both the experts and those with questions.  I've needed it all to get to this point.

The first step to recovery is to admit who you are and what your problem is.  Unfortunately I'm skipping ahead a bit on this one.  I only have the non-FICO copy of his Experian report, so that's ,my starting point.  Sorry - no starting FICO to report - yet.

1) 1 Judgement (Recent, unpaid).  Send DV letter so that I get confirmation of full amount owed.  CR shows different that what CRA is asking for.

2) 8 Accounts of Paid Collections.  Sent all tear jerker of a GW letter asking for deletion.6 to CA, 2 to CO.

3) 1 Account that is to fall off this month - doing nothing.  If still on CR in January, will send EX request for deletion due to FCRA

4) 5 Accounts with less than $200 each outstanding - in collections.  Sent all PFD with $25 payoff. (CMRRR)

5) 1 Collection from CA for old COX bill.  COX is sending letter again to CA to report as Paid.  Once I receive COX's fax of account balance, I will request CA to delete as they've been improperly reporting for 8 months.

I'll let everyone know the stats again in 30 days.
11/14/07 TU 567 - EQ 561 - EX 577
11/29/07 TU ??? - EQ 573 - EX ???
12/10/07 TU ??? - EQ 579 - EX ??? - 60% util - OOPS!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to Start - Step 1

Good luck!!!  Please let us know how the GWs and PFDs turn out.  I sent several GWs also and hopefully we'll both have excellent results!!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to Start - Step 1

Cox had my CA deleted in less than 10 days.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.