Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to begin...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to begin...

Ok, I've been on here for awhile now and have read all the postings and would like to ask for some help in trying to help my sister fix her credit issues.

First off I see she has one collections. I talked to her today and she's sure she paid the bill but it still shows in a collections and through the utility company, she is going to ask through her bank to see if they can find any trace of a payment.

Verizon Pennsylvania - this is her home phone, which she still has in good standing, and the following shows its status with each of the reporting bureaus.

TU
Verizon PA Reports/Conserve Reports
Acct type: (VER PA) Open account
                 (CON) Collection account
Acct status: (VER PA) Closed
                    (CON) Open
Date open: (VER PA) 1/23/2006 
                   (CON) 1/13/2006
Balance: (VER PA) $0
               (CON) $183
Past due: (VER PA) $0
Payment status: (VER PA) Payment after charge off/collection
                           (CON) Collection account, placed for collection
Comments: Paid collection

EQ
Acct type: (VER PA) Open account
                 (CON) Collection account
Acct status: (VER PA & CON) Open
Date open: (VER PA & CON) 1/1/2006
Balance: (VER PA) $0
               (CON) $183.00
Past due: (CON) $183.00
Payment status: (VER PA) At least 120 days or more than four payments past due. PAID COLLECTION.
                            (CON) Unpaid
Comments: (VER PA) Utility
                    (CON) Unpaid

EX
Acct type: (VER PA) Unknown-Credit extension, Review, or Collection
                 (CON) Collection account
Acct status: (VER PA) Closed
                    (CON) Open
Date open: (VER PA & CON) 1/1/2006
Balance: (CON) $183.00
Past due: (CON) $183.00
Payment status: (VER PA) Paid, was a collection account, insurance claim or government claim or was terminated for default.
                           (CON) Seriously past due date/assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department.

Would this situation require starting with a DV to Verizon PA? Since we really don't know if it was paid or not. She's not aware of any letters or calls from this collection agency.

I'll address the baddies later, quite a few of them. But I think most of those can be fixed with GW's.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to begin...

I am currently working on Verizon also (Verizon-MD)

Verizon is an OC (you can't DV them - if you do you get a letter telling you they don't have to comply)

Proper procedure is dispute with all 3 bureaus, wait for the results (if they drop, great) if they verify then MOV the bureaus and send the following OC letter to Verizon:

Company

Address

Address

Date

Re: Acct #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently pulled my credit report from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and noticed this account was listed on each of my reports as a collection I immediately disputed this information with Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and the results of the investigation came back as "verified

Since I have disputed the account with the credit bureaus, and you have verified them, I would like to see what sort of records you have for this alleged account. Under the new FACTA laws, you are required to conduct an investigation on this account, and I am now requesting it.

In order to clear up this matter, I would like to see:

Complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity; In short, any and all documentation pertaining to this account

If you don't respond with the results of the investigation (as is required per the FCRA), I will assume you have no documentation and therefore you were negligent in providing the credit bureaus with accurate information. At this point, you would also be in violation of the FCRA merely for not responding within the 30-day period.

Please send all correspondence to:

Name

Address

Address

Sincerely,

DO NOT SIGN......JUST TYPE NAME

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 10-04-2007 10:28 PM
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do we do anything with Conserve yet?

Thanks for the start!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Conserve is a CA then DV them - also dispute with the bureaus at the same time.  Check the account numbers and addresses for each if the addresses are the same then Conserve might be a division of Verizon (if you DV you will get the FO&D letter (we don't have to comply) - if they are different then probabl a CA.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had Googled Conserve when I first started helping her and they are a CA. So we'll dispute through each of the bureaus and send a DV to Conserve.

Also, what is MOV and FO&D? I have the list of acronyms printed out and I keep them in front of me, but these two I don't see.

*EDIT*
I've been reading through more of Noah_Bodie's DV thread. Let me ask this, if my sister has not been contacted by the CA, at least not to her recollection, are we still supposed to do a DV or are we reopening a can of worms that maybe we don't want to open?

I'm not sure when the SOL of limitations takes place or under what circumstances, but she is in PA and the best I could figure the SOL is 4 years. But I'm not even sure if this applies.
Thanks!

Message Edited by LPABF on 10-05-2007 05:55 AM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

MOV= method of verification

FOAD= F' off and Die

@Anonymous wrote:
I had Googled Conserve when I first started helping her and they are a CA. So we'll dispute through each of the bureaus and send a DV to Conserve.
Also, what is MOV and FO&D? I have the list of acronyms printed out and I keep them in front of me, but these two I don't see.
Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

FO&D...
Now that's too funny! LOL!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.