cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to buy official Equifax credit report?

tag
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Where to buy official Equifax credit report?

I received my free Equifax credit report last March so I can't get another one for free yet. I want to buy the official report without a score and can't find where to do that.

I belong to MyFICO but they want $13.50 for the report and to update my score. (30% off special)

I just want to purchase the report, where can I do that?

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Where to buy official Equifax credit report?

Even if you've already ordered your free credit report from EQ you can still purchase one from their website.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

If you have applied for credit within the last 60 days without obtaining the product with the most favorable terms, you can request a free report. 

Message 3 of 9
jamie123
Valued Contributor

You would think so, but I can't find it anywhere. They want to sell you a score with the report and if you read the fine print the report might be missing details that you get on the report your creditors see.

I found the places on Experian and Transunion to buy the report but I had to dig deep into their websites to find them. I can't find it anywhere on Equifax's website.

Message 4 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Its there keep digging...

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 5 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Message 6 of 9
jamie123
Valued Contributor

No, that's still not it. That's why it has the trademark after the name. That would buy you a summary report. I bet they don't have any contact information for the lenders that put any negative information on the report and I would just be wasting my money.

If anyone here has some pull with Equifax, this is MyFICO after all, please let them know that it is behavior like this that has everyone forming the opinion that that the Credit Reporting Agencies are charlitans and worse!

Just so you know, if you read the fine print to the link you posted you will find this:

You may also review your credit file by calling us at 1-800-685-1111 or by requesting a copy by mail at:

Equifax Information Services LLC
P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta, GA  30374

NOTE: Fees may be applicable if you are not eligible for a free credit file.  Click here for more information on free credit file options.

If you read the description of what they are selling it is a summary and does not contain all the information found in your file.

I'm going to call Equifax tonight to find out how to buy my report.

Tomorrow I'm going to be calling the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) to file a formal complaint. They now take individual complaints from consumers.

You can read more about it here: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/pressreleases/consumer-financial-protection-bureau-now-taking-complai...

I don't think it is too much to ask of the CRAs to have a link on their home page where you can buy your report.

What do you guys think?

Message 7 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

That link was it. It's the exact same report you can get from annualcreditreport, full with the 7-yr history, softs, full contact info, and all that jazz. I used to order from there after using my ACR report.

They do bury the links though. I'm with you on that; they should make it easier without pushing all of their CMSs on you.

Message 8 of 9
jamie123
Valued Contributor

I aologize! Yes, that link was it!

I bought it last night and it had all the information on it.

Thank you so much for the information llecs.

I am waiting for a forclosure to fall off my report and was getting nervous it wasn't going to happen. I pulled all 3 reports last night. It was still on Equifax and Transunion but had fallen off Experian. Don't really have a way to check my Experian score except for Credit Sesame which had been hovering around 707 for the past 6 months. I went to work today and received a credit alert from CS.

MY SCORE WENT UP 38 POINTS TO 745!!!!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.