Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get credit score?

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Where to get credit score?

Discover gives you a free TU score even if you're not a member. Its on their homepage.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Discover gives you a free TU score even if you're not a member. Its on their homepage.

That's a good suggestion but is not quite right.   The score you are thinking of is drawn on Experian.

Discover offers two free FICO 8 scores.  One is for its CC holders and is drawn on TU.  The other is for anyone, even if you have no accounts with them.  That score is drawn on EX.  That score can be obtained by googling Discover Scorecard.

My personal recommendation for people looking for a free EX FICO 8 is the link I gave earlier....

https://www.creditscore.com/

since it gives a full EX report each month along with the score.

Once a person has that, however, he could sign up for the Discover Scorecard exactly two weeks later, and that way he'd have two EX FICO 8 scores drawn two weeks apart.  I think some folks here have done that with success.

Message 12 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

That's a good suggestion but is not quite right.   The score you are thinking of is drawn on Experian.

Discover offers two free FICO 8 scores.  One is for its CC holders and is drawn on TU.  The other is for anyone, even if you have no accounts with them.  That score is drawn on EX.  That score can be obtained by googling Discover Scorecard.

My personal recommendation for people looking for a free EX FICO 8 is the link I gave earlier....

https://www.creditscore.com/

since it gives a full EX report each month along with the score.

Once a person has that, however, he could sign up for the Discover Scorecard exactly two weeks later, and that way he'd have two EX FICO 8 scores drawn two weeks apart.  I think some folks here have done that with success.

Hah, didn't know that. Kinda weird. Would have thought they had a deal with a single CRA.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope.  It's kind of cool though, because if you have a Discover card between your account with them and the free score they provide monthly at creditscorecard.com, you get 2/3 of your FICO 08 scores.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@c00mtg

That first month is basically a cheaper trial for the full premium membership. So, yes you can see TU and EQ as well (once a month).

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

That first month is basically a cheaper trial for the full premium membership. So, yes you can see TU and EQ as well (once a month).

Thanks!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.