Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get the ACCURATE SCORE

tag
JasonL
Established Member

Where to get the ACCURATE SCORE

Over the last year I have been obsessed with fixing my credit and raising my scores in anticipation of getting a mortgage.

My CREDIT KARMA score is (626), but my MYFICO TransUNION score is 688, and my MYFICO EQUIFAX score is 692.

Where do I get the MOST accurate score that would be used for mortgage purposes?

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to get the ACCURATE SCORE

From my experience MYfico tends to be the most accurate for Equifax score model. This is based on having my own credit pulled via mortgage guy and also my experience working in car sales. The last time I had my credit pulled by mortgage guy the equifax score matched exactly. Keep in mind most mortgage lenders  pull three different bureaus and use the middle score.

I have used transunion.com and the score was way higher than it was in actuality. If you pay attention their scale goes to 950 or 990 when it shouldn't exceed 900.

Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

The Equifax score sold here will almost always match the EQ score pulled by mortgage lenders. It's the same FICO 04 model. The TU score is the FICO98 model which is an older model not used by many mortgage lenders.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 8
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@JasonL wrote:

Over the last year I have been obsessed with fixing my credit and raising my scores in anticipation of getting a mortgage.

My CREDIT KARMA score is (626), but my MYFICO TransUNION score is 688, and my MYFICO EQUIFAX score is 692.

Where do I get the MOST accurate score that would be used for mortgage purposes?

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Right here!  As stated previously, you can get your EQ score here at MYFICO along with your (older model) TU score.  You can get a FAKO EX score from their own site.  I bring this up as a tool to monitor TRENDS in your EX report, not an actual FICO score. 

Also keep in mind that mortgage lenders will pull all 3 bureaus and take your middle score.  Having your true FICOS from here can help you gauge where you are, what your middle score is likely to be, when the time comes to apply. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to hijack this thread, but I have the same question.  What about the TU classic 04 score?  Where could I find that?  I have spoken with my lender and they use the Equifax Beacon 5.0 - is the same MyFico I obtained here?  I purchased my myFico, but wondering if I choose to purchase the TU one here, what is it in relation to the score numbers (TU04, TU98, etc).

Thanks for any help!

Message 5 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, the EQ you pull here is the same one that your lender will pull.   The TU pulled here is a TU98 which is an older version, the TU08 you get with a Walmart card is a newer one.  The TU04 is primarily a lender pull only.  Kind of like EX which doesn't allow a FICO pull.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  Any idea how close the TU98 is to the TU04?

Message 7 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.  Any idea how close the TU98 is to the TU04?

It may or may not be similar.   There are cases where people have reported large differences ( i.e. +- 30 points ), but for some people it matches.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.