Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to go from here

tag
LittleCat
Contributor

Where to go from here

I was laid off with no notice in early 2003 and ended up destroying my credit. I have been really working hard to get it back....

Heres what is left from 2003-
Repo-$6,800 that I owe
Credit Card A-$500 CL, $2000 charge off
Credit Card B-$300 CL, $948 charge off
Credit Card C-$500 CL, $1400 charge off
Sprint-Closed/$178 balance due

All of this is with a DOLA January 2003

The good accounts are
8/07-Car loan, perfect pay history
11/06-Car loan, perfect pay history, traded in 8/07
Credit Card-$300 CL, $178 balance, opened 11/07 perfect payment history
Target Card-$500 CL, $150 balance, opened 5/07 perfect pay history
Mervyns-$200 CL, 0 balance, opened 7/1996

I recently paid off a collection so it is listed as 'paid.' This collection was about 6 monthes old.

I also have 1 medical collection that is set to be deleted for payment(I have the letter stating this), this one is only 4 monthes old.

I have recently paid another medical collection, about 2 years old, that has been deleted.

How is it that my scores, both EQ and TU are around 550? FICO, not FAKO. They were up around 600 before I paid the one collection after they refused many times to delete for payment.

Anyone have any idea where to go from here?? I have PDF's out for everything from 2003, with no luck-what is the best thing to do with these?

Also, how much is the baddies from 2003 impacting me?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to go from here

LittleCat wrote:
I was laid off with no notice in early 2003 and ended up destroying my credit. I have been really working hard to get it back....

Heres what is left from 2003-
Repo-$6,800 that I owe
Credit Card A-$500 CL, $2000 charge off
Credit Card B-$300 CL, $948 charge off
Credit Card C-$500 CL, $1400 charge off
Sprint-Closed/$178 balance due

All of this is with a DOLA January 2003

The good accounts are
8/07-Car loan, perfect pay history
11/06-Car loan, perfect pay history, traded in 8/07
Credit Card-$300 CL, $178 balance, opened 11/07 perfect payment history
Target Card-$500 CL, $150 balance, opened 5/07 perfect pay history
Mervyns-$200 CL, 0 balance, opened 7/1996

I recently paid off a collection so it is listed as 'paid.' This collection was about 6 monthes old.

I also have 1 medical collection that is set to be deleted for payment(I have the letter stating this), this one is only 4 monthes old.

I have recently paid another medical collection, about 2 years old, that has been deleted.

How is it that my scores, both EQ and TU are around 550? FICO, not FAKO. They were up around 600 before I paid the one collection after they refused many times to delete for payment.

Anyone have any idea where to go from here?? I have PDF's out for everything from 2003, with no luck-what is the best thing to do with these?

Also, how much is the baddies from 2003 impacting me?

What is your SOL?
Message 2 of 4
LittleCat
Contributor

SOL is 4 years
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying the collection made it newer.. score hit.  The sim I use told me I would actually lose points for paying mine and having it on my CR.  PFD is the only way to go.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.