Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to go from here?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to go from here?

Got an answer to a DV the other day. The SOL is up in June for it. Anyway I can postpone this until then? These are CA's and a Lawyer rolled into one. Here's the DV answer that came on one sheet of paper:

my Name
address
city, state zip

RE: Validation of Debt

Dear Ugh:

This office is in receipt of your timely request for validation pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC § 1692 et. seq. "Verification of a debt involves nothing more than the debt collector confirming in writing that the amount being demanded is what the creditor is claiming in owed..." Chaudhry v. Gallerizzo, 174 F.3d 394, 406 (4th Cir. 1999). Below is the requested verification of the debt.

Original Creditor's Name: Sears
Original Creditor's Address: Sears Dr. Columbus OH 43218
Original Account Number: 017593657xxxx
Name of Debtor: Ugh
Address of Debtor: Home on the couch
Balanced of Account: 2,487.38

Debt was assigned/placed for collections
Date debt was placed for collections: 2/21/08

This communication is from a debt collector.
This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

Now for the fun part of all this. When I checked the CR's there is no collection showed from these people. The Sears account was sold to LVNV and there's no one else on there owning this account. I sent dv's to all 3 CRA's for the Sears account along with the DV to this DC/Lawyer. (I can supply a copy of what I sent to these people.) The other thing is the amount owed keeps rising. Sears has it under $2000, LVNV has it a tad over $2000 and now with this place it's almost $2500. Also EX verified the original Sears account. Still waiting on the other 2 to come back.

What do we do? Should I DV LVNV, too?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where to go from here?

Hi ugh. If you can wait until out of SOL, I would. That amount is large enough that they might be tempted to file a suit. But, yes you should be DVing LVNV, as they are on your report. Remember this collection law firm can not get on your report unless LVNV gets off first.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Ugh, I meant to add in my original post that you don't DV CRAs...that's reserved for CAs. You dispute with the CRAs.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help. I knew about not DV'ing the CRA's and just disputing there. That's what I'm waiting to hear back for.

Can this new place do anything to us before LVNV comes off the report? Can 2 CA's own one account?

Thanks!!!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I am reading this right...you already disputed the OC?  if so send the OC the OC  letter CMRRR

Because they verified the account with the CRAs they MUST answer the OC letter or delete.

Having this info. from the OC may help in knowing that the CAs did not make any changes or if they did what they were.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.