cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to purchase FICO scores so I have a base starting point?

tag
James82
Regular Contributor

Where to purchase FICO scores so I have a base starting point?

I've been searching and searching and can't come up with a good answer. Seems as though most people say you're better off getting the reports, which I did. I also see a lot of people with FICO scores listed as their starting scores so I know people are doing it.....

I'm interested in purchasing FICO scores so that I have an accurate starting score to base my progress on.

Recommendations? I've used CS and CK for FAKOs but was hoping to get some numbers that are a bit more accurate. I've done the annualcreditreport.com for my reports so I know what I need to work on.

Thanks!

Nick

Starting Score: EQ 574 - 08.28.13
High Score: EQ 714 (10/18/13) EX 686 (1/6/14) TU 664 (1/6/14)
Current Score: EQ 686 - EX ____- TU ____

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Where to purchase FICO scores so I have a base starting point?

@James82 wrote:

I've been searching and searching and can't come up with a good answer. Seems as though most people say you're better off getting the reports, which I did. I also see a lot of people with FICO scores listed as their starting scores so I know people are doing it.....

I'm interested in purchasing FICO scores so that I have an accurate starting score to base my progress on.

Recommendations? I've used CS and CK for FAKOs but was hoping to get some numbers that are a bit more accurate. I've done the annualcreditreport.com for my reports so I know what I need to work on.

Thanks!

Nick

Not many places where you can purchase FICO scores, other than here.   Equifax will sell you a FICO score, but it's not easy to find on their website.   The other CRAs don't sell FICO scores to consumers.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 18
James82
Regular Contributor

Would it be best to go through myFico then? I see they have a free 10 day trial of score watch which includes a FICO score? (Equifax score right?)

Message 3 of 18
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yep, the scorewatch free trial is for EQ.   And if you do sign up for the free trial and decide to cancel, make sure that you are within the 10 day window to avoid being charged.

Message 4 of 18
James82
Regular Contributor

Ugh. Maybe I shouldn't have looked. Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 18
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@James82 wrote:

Ugh. Maybe I shouldn't have looked. Smiley Frustrated

Your FICO score ?

Message 6 of 18
James82
Regular Contributor

Yeh 574. Ouch.

Message 7 of 18
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Well at least you're at the right place to get some help and answers !   You'll get your score up, just takes time.....

Message 8 of 18
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@James82 wrote:
Yeh 574. Ouch.

That's one score.  If you want a true baseline for your scores, purchase the other 2 as well, right here at MyFICO.  Then you'll have a true sense of where you are and where you want to go.

You can get a discount on the FICO scores here when you purchase by using this promo code: 

E1308BDY20FST

Knocks the price down to $15.95.  For $31 bucks, it's money well spent.  You already have your EQ score, so just remember to cancel within the 10 day trial.

EDIT:  One more thing...I've been where you are.  You CAN do it!  It takes time and perserverence, but it's definitely possible.  Just look at all the success stories here, and you can be one of them as well!

ONWARD AND UPWARD ! !

Message 9 of 18
James82
Regular Contributor

Is that $31 price just scores? I thought I seen when I was getting my reports they were around $5-$7 each. I want to get the other scores as well. I'll have to look around and see where exactly the option is to buy the other two here.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.