cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Credit Bureau does USAA pull from in Texas?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which Credit Bureau does USAA pull from in Texas?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Which Credit Bureau does USAA pull from in Texas?

Ask USAA

Message 2 of 12
britishbooklady
Regular Contributor

I had a recent conversation with USAA's credit card dept and they told me that they could pull from any CRA but "usually" pulled Equifax. I had tried to apply for one of their cc and, of course, got denied. I wanted to request an application for a secured credit card and figured that I would need to try for the unsecured first anyway. So, fast forward a week or so, I got a letter in the mail detailing the reasons I was denied and it stated that my credit information was obtained from Equifax (Atlanta address).

FYI - now, we are currently in VA...but when we were in TX, our EQ reports had this statement included on them: 

"Your credit file is owned by CSC Credit Services. Under an arrangement between CSC and Equifax, a separate reporting agency, Equifax incorporates CSC's credit files into its database and is authorized to perform certain actions on CSC's behalf. However, CSC is responsible for maintaining and correcting the information in your credit file."

Hope this helps...

Starting Score: EX: 661, EQ: 662, TU: 694 [Lender Pull 12/30/2010]
Current Score: EX: 665, EQ: 680, TU: 710
Goal Score: EX: 750+, EQ: 750+, TU: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2011
Message 3 of 12
mrldp40
Established Contributor

eq

ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 4 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I think what is underlying this whole mix of words is that Texas has the most liberal, from a consumer perspective, state statue on debt in the entire USA.

What it looks like to me is that EQ, when loading your credit data as a resident of Texas, has turned to a specialized "contractor" to assess the impacts of TX law on your credit reporting data.  The contractor is not the CRA.  If they choose to rely on input from their contractor in loading data into your credit file, the ultimate responsibility for the CRs they issue is with EQ.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for this information and hopefully one day in the future I will be able to answer one of your questions in detail.

TheTaxMan

Message 6 of 12
kkbrown7023

Will they pull any other CRA's beside equifax??  Wondering if I can request it??

Message 7 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@kkbrown7023 wrote:

Will they pull any other CRA's beside equifax??  Wondering if I can request it??

EQ only.  They're pretty forgiving though.

        
Message 8 of 12
Slab
Frequent Contributor

They have always pulled EQ in my history of about 5 loans and 2 credit cards. I live inTexas.

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.equifax.com/csc/

What used to be CSC IS Equifax.  

It could be a wholly owned subsidiary, much like a corporation often can have sub companies.  (Like Sam's Club is actually a separate company, but wholly owned by Walmart and part of its corporate structure.  Yes, Sam's Club has it's own C-suite and CEO, got an email from her this morning spamming me on something.)

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.