cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Credit Monitoring Company do you all use?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which Credit Monitoring Company do you all use?

I am looking to find a company that will allow me my CR & scores whenever I need to see them. Most seem to be wanting $29.95/month after the free trial...I am needing to have mine & DH done, so I guess I am looking at $60 per month..ouch. Do companies do joint ones??

I am nervous about which one of these companies to subscribe to since obviously once I subscribe they will have my SS number...Whats your reccommendation??
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which Credit Monitoring Company do you all use?

@Anonymous wrote:
I am looking to find a company that will allow me my CR & scores whenever I need to see them. Most seem to be wanting $29.95/month after the free trial...I am needing to have mine & DH done, so I guess I am looking at $60 per month..ouch. Do companies do joint ones??
I am nervous about which one of these companies to subscribe to since obviously once I subscribe they will have my SS number...Whats your reccommendation??

Do a search for privacymatters. If you cancel over the phone during the free trial, they offer you a full year at $29.95. It worked for me, and numerous other people.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Thats what I was hoping to discover...I will call and "cancel" before Thanksgiving to make sure they are available..
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm reasonably sure that you can only pull your PM reports once every 24 hours + 1 minute, rather than "whenever I need to see them." That's how TrueCredit works (which I have.) When I get all twitchy because I can't pull sooner, I have to go take deep breaths and walk around some, and regain perspective. Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

Just remember that with Privacy Matters (which is just True Credit) you will not receive true FICO scores. 
Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used mycreditkeeper not sure if its the best or not I was thinking of even canceling it and just checking mines through FICO
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

FICO is where you check scores, but if you want frequent REPORT pulls, you'll go broke with FICO! Smiley Very Happy

My combination is TC for reports and FICO for scores. I would like to think that one day, I will *only* pull quarterly. Not there yet, though --too much curiosity.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.