cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Credit monitoring company do you use?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which Credit monitoring company do you use?

just as the title states...i am using creditkeeper and it seems to be a good site. What are you all using and would any of them be better the creditkeeper?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
llecs
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Re: Which Credit monitoring company do you use?

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like both TrueCredit and ChaseIDProtection. You can pull your reports everyday.

As for the medical debt question, I would start a new post over on the "Rebuilding Your Credit" forum asking that question. You'll get more responses.

Message 3 of 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

DW & I use TC and creditchecktotal.
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for moving it....sorry about that i wasn't sure where to put that ?.

Thanks Again!!

also how do those companies stack up to credit keeper? the way they work is once a month it takes a snapshot of your report and for anywhere between 25-30 days it will not change. are the ones you are using able to update daily?

Message Edited by boostdog on 11-14-2008 06:20 AM
Message 5 of 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

boostdog wrote:

also how do those companies stack up to credit keeper? the way they work is once a month it takes a snapshot of your report and for anywhere between 25-30 days it will not change. are the ones you are using able to update daily?

Message Edited by boostdog on 11-14-2008 06:20 AM

I have never used Creditkeeper. TC and CCT, and others, will allow you to pull every 24 hours. You can see all three reports and see any changes within those reports. Just ignore the scores and advice.

Maybe someone with creditkeept and TC could chime in to describe the differences.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using TrueCredit to monitor mine and my husbands CR's.  I saw creditchecktotal mentioned here and decided to give it a whirl.  WOW!  What a difference from TrueCredit!

Everything was way more updated than TC.  TC only updates TU daily, Experian and Equifax monthly and my patience wore thin waiting for all three to update.  

Husbands scores on TU were TU - 691, Exp - 692 and EQ - 688

on creditchecktotal his scores were significantly different!  Exp - 774, Eq - 767 and TU - 720

I will definitely unsubscribe from TrueCredit and will only use creditchecktotal from now on.

Once again, MyFico has proven to be more than helpful.

Prequal. for home buying in about two weeks.  Looking forward to a stellar interest rate!

Thanks to all! Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by steph70 on 01-30-2010 10:38 AM
Message 7 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

steph70 wrote:

I have been using TrueCredit to monitor mine and my husbands CR's.  I saw creditchecktotal mentioned here and decided to give it a whirl.  WOW!  What a difference from TrueCredit!

Everything was way more updated than TC.  TC only updates TU daily, Experian and Equifax monthly and my patience wore thin waiting for all three to update.  

Husbands scores on TU were TU - 691, Exp - 692 and EQ - 688

on creditchecktotal his scores were significantly different!  Exp - 774, Eq - 767 and TU - 720

I will definitely unsubscribe from TrueCredit and will only use creditchecktotal from now on.

Once again, MyFico has proven to be more than helpful.

Prequal. for home buying in about two weeks.  Looking forward to a stellar interest rate!

Thanks to all! Smiley Very Happy

You do realize that those scores are FAKO's, right, and NOT what your insurance company will pull? Smiley Sad

These services are fine for checking changes on your reports, but their scores are garbage, other than Scorewatch, which gives you your EQ FICO score.

Your FICO's can be lower or higher than your FAKO's, and there is no reliable formula to convert a FAKO score to a FICO.

Just wanted to make sure that you weren't heading for a surprise...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

You do realize that those scores are FAKO's, right, and NOT what your insurance company will pull? Smiley Sad

The Credit Reports that show on creditchecktotal are significantly different than MyFico and TrueCredit.  That was the information I was really looking for.

The MyFico report, even with an update for $10.95 did not reflect what shows on CCT.  Are you saying that the CCT CR info is innacurate or just the scores?

Message Edited by steph70 on 01-30-2010 10:52 AM
Message 9 of 21
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

She is saying that the scores are crap.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.