cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Monitoring Service Do you Recommend?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which Monitoring Service Do you Recommend?

It gives alerts as well scores.
Message 11 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Wovenyarn wrote:

I don't really like Credit Karma because it seems so far off.

CK's scores aren't off.  They're just an entirely different scoring model than FICO 8.  If you want to know what your score is for s given model you need to get scores using that model and cannot use a different model.  CK's scores are only useful if you're looking for VantageScore 3.0 scores form TU and EQ.

Keep in mind that while FICO 8 is commonly used it's not the only FICO model used by creditors.

Message 12 of 13
jamie123
Valued Contributor

I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit to purchase a home in the very near future. I am currently working diligently to have the last baddie removed from my TU and EQ reports. My EX is spotlessly clean. As soon as the baddie is gone I'm buying a house so I keep close tabs on my scores.

This is how I do it:

Every Sunday morning I sit down with my coffee and check my CK EQ and TU reports and Vantage scores.

I belong to Scorewatch here and get daily updates on my REAL EQ FICO 08 score.

Walmart TU 08 score once a month.

Discover TU 08 score once a month.

Credit.com score once a month.

Credit Sesame scores once a month.

I recently joined the free AAA credit monitoring service that will give me updates on my EX report.

I have purchased the 3 report view here at MyFICO a couple of times in the past few months to get all 3 mortgage scores and see how my mortgage scores are affected by certain credit moves.

Yeah...A bit obsessed at the moment!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.