Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which address do I use?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which address do I use?

I am interested to know, if a person (such as myself) owns more than one property (residence) and spends about an equal amount of time at both, which one should be on your credit report as "current residence" - should it be the one where you've been longer? I know creditors don't like people who hop around from place to place (changing addresses and phone numbers) and they like longevity, but if I'm staying in a place for a while (i.e. a month) and I want to order something online, the address on my credit card has to match the address of where I am, correct? Is it or is it not a good idea to have different credit cards with different billing addresses??
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: Which address do I use?

Use the same address as you get your mail from your creditors (banks, credit cards, etc)
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The address reported to CRA comes from CC or loan company. It is where you receive your bills.

I order online all the time. I also have what I order sent to a different address other then my own.You can email the site that u want to order from & ask. You can also call your CCC and ask to have another address added to your account.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

freemark wrote:
I am interested to know, if a person (such as myself) owns more than one property (residence) and spends about an equal amount of time at both, which one should be on your credit report as "current residence" - should it be the one where you've been longer?

Address and phone number info has zero effect on your credit. You could have 200 addresses and 25 phone numbers on your CRs. Won't matter.

As to your question, you should use your legal address. You cannot have "dual citizenship" in both California and Arizona (or any other two states). You have to choose, and there's usually state laws addressing the issue. IRS also sometimes weighs in on the subject, particularly if it's a choice between packing up and moving from State X to State Y to start a new job, or you're living out of a motel/hotel and getting a per diem while you work "out of state" in State Y but maintain a residence back in State X.

If you file a state income tax return, that's a pretty good indicator of your legal state of residence.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.