Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards should I use for what?

tag
ghawdex
Valued Member

Which cards should I use for what?

Most of my credit cards I have applied for have been based on reviews and research. Now I'd like to utilize them to the best of them. I have always used my Discover for the majority of my purchases

I have the following credit cards

Discover Escape

American Express BCP

American Express Costco

Chase Ink Plus Business

T.D Bank Business (won't be using anymore)

Capital One Venture

Ritz Carlton (coming soon)

I'd like to get these organised into categories if possible and start using them for what they were mainly made for... if that makes sense?

Thank You 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Which cards should I use for what?

I'd suggest starting with the rewards on the cards and using that to determine category spend.  That information should be on the respective sites for your cards.

Did you not use rewards on certain categories as part of your card selection criteria?

Message 2 of 6
Michael982
Contributor

Visit the walla.by website. On their website it allows you to add you cards, wether with bank linking or without. Also if you use their app it lets you know what card to use where to maximize benefits by gps or search!

Freedom$6,000 CSP$11,000 IT$4,000 BCE$16,200 SallieMae$5,000 NFCU$14,000 Macys$1,000 United$5,000

Message 3 of 6
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Michael982 wrote:

Visit the walla.by website. On their website it allows you to add you cards, wether with bank linking or without. Also if you use their app it lets you know what card to use where to maximize benefits by gps or search!

That app. which I just recently started to use is pretty cool and very convenient. Wallaby.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michael982 wrote:

Ohh!!!! Very interesting. I'll give this a try! Thanks for the suggestion Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
ghawdex
Valued Member

Thanks for that, will check out the app.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.