Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit monitoring service/site can give me fall off dates for derogs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which credit monitoring service/site can give me fall off dates for derogs

i remember one from years ago but cant remember. Maybe was equifax?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which credit monitoring service/site can give me fall off dates for derogs

Equifax is a reporting agency, not a monitoring service.

Typical fall off dates for derogs are 7 years, so you don't really need a monitoring service for that.  Do you use any monitoring services currently?  Are you looking for free ones or are you looking to spend a certain amount of money monthly?  For basic updates on your TU and EQ reports weekly I suggest Credit Karma if you don't already use it.  In looking at your reports on there, you can see the age of your derogs and determine when you can expect them to fall off if that's what you're after.

Message 2 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Equifax is a reporting agency, not a monitoring service.

Typical fall off dates for derogs are 7 years, so you don't really need a monitoring service for that.  Do you use any monitoring services currently?  Are you looking for free ones or are you looking to spend a certain amount of money monthly?  For basic updates on your TU and EQ reports weekly I suggest Credit Karma if you don't already use it.  In looking at your reports on there, you can see the age of your derogs and determine when you can expect them to fall off if that's what you're after.

Actually Equifax pioneered the monitoring systems of today on the consumer side; the Equifax product here OEM'd from them and has been since before I registered on this site.

@OP: the base reports from the bureaus will generally have falloff dates, or at least historically I know I've seen them on EX/EQ/TU and EX was just checked today and had it.  If you had a monitoring service where you got the base bureau report (there are probably some, EQ Scorewatch might well have but I've never tried it) it would likely have that information, but since that information doesn't change, I'd simply get them from annualcreditreport.com and then use some other monitoring service that has the functionality you need... this isn't a good piece of information to base a decision regarding a CMS on imo.

        
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry, i kind of worded it wrong.  I just recall at some point a CR showing a student loan late falling off in 8 years for some reason. would just like to keep track of what the CB's see/using as my falloff date. I just got the 3 CR's using annualcreditreport.com last week and neither of the 3 reports had any falloff dates for the late student loans which are the only derogs i have. Like i said, at some point the past 12 months i do remember seeing a falloff date on 1 of my reports but last week none had falloff dates.

Message 4 of 7
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

For lates, look at the 81 month payment history and add 7 years to the most recent one.

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thx for the reply heavy. thats the general rule of thumb right. i guess i'm just trying to figure out why at one point my credit report showed a falloff of 8 years instead of the 7.

Message 6 of 7
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thx for the reply heavy. thats the general rule of thumb right. i guess i'm just trying to figure out why at one point my credit report showed a falloff of 8 years instead of the 7.

The only thing I can think of is that the DOFD was being reported incorrectly.

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.