cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit report service do you have?

tag
NP27
Established Contributor

Which credit report service do you have?

Hi.  I am looking for a credit report service.  I already have EX, which lets me get a fresh report and score daily and I was wondering if I should also add TU and EQ's montioring service or just go with the MY Fico 3 in 1 monthly service for 24.95 month.  Thoughts?  What service do you have/like?

Thanks

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which credit report service do you have?

I'm also curious, I pay for the MyFico x 3, but you can't really get a fresh report. 

I signed up today to the Experian Fico 7 day trial to compare.

Does experian let you pull a fresh report daily?

Message 2 of 27
NP27
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm also curious, I pay for the MyFico x 3, but you can't really get a fresh report. 

I signed up today to the Experian Fico 7 day trial to compare.

Does experian let you pull a fresh report daily?

Yes.  You can pull a fresh report daily as mentioned in my original postSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

MPM thru Eliminate ID Theft

Message 4 of 27
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

I am sure you know this but if you call to cancel or say the service is too expensive so you need to cancel they "may" lower how much it costs per month.  (My 1 dollar 7 day trial was going to be 24.95 after that, she got down to offering the same service for 9.95 a month)

I liked the experian one quite a bit, I wasnt expecting all that much info and graphs.  (I thought it would have a link to my report and a number for a score and that was all)

I was planning on using the service just to get my report but after seeing it, I will be renewing in a few months to keep it as a permanent watch.

Message 5 of 27
JcT21
Frequent Contributor

ive been using equifax complete adavantage monitoring for about 2yrs now.  called to cancel during the trial and they offered it ot me for 8.95 for as long as i wanted to keep the service.   the equifax service is very detailed, it lets you get a fako score and report update daily.  you can also purchase your fico score too.  you are given 1 three bureau report and score once per year.  you get all kinds of alerts, such as CLI alerts and HP alerts.  you can also customize alerts by adding 2 of your credit accounts for monitoring.  you also get id theft protection.  you also get a list of your SP's from other companies checking you out for promotional offers.    i have to say that equifax is very thorough and i do like it, but for the last several months it has become extremely slow.  its like browsing on dial up.   its even slow using the iphone app.   using the service has become an real issue for me.   but as far as covering all the bases, equifax does pretty good, even if its a fako score.

due to the slowness of equifax i signed up for a trial of the experian credit monitoring.  wow... i love it.   it gives daily reports of your report and  a real fico score.  it matches the same experian score used by my american express account.    like equifax, the experian information provided is very good.  i like their score estimator better than equifax and they show offers of credit cards based on your score.   you can also set up alerts by email and text.  

the 2 services are very similar but i like experian much better.  its not only faster but it gives me a real daily fico score & report update.   i called to cancel my equifax service, and i will be keeping my experian credit monitoring for now.  

fico scores - March 2024:
TU - 727 | EX - 732 | EQ - 736 |
TCL - 168K - UTIL - less than 1%
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I did not know that and will try it! My 7 day trial ends on Math 8th so I will call then and see if they offer the discounted rate.

I completly agree about how nice it is done, the interface is great with nice charts and info! It really breaks things down nicely for you and the simulator is also very nice.

Here are some throughs I have about both services: 

MyFico:

What I like:

• Tracks the score of All 3 CRAs tracked
  • Multiple types of FICO scores 

Would I would want:

• A daily fresh report - Reports do not refresh, can't pull a fresh report withough paying a large amount.
  • the advice and simulator is based on the reports the day I started the service and are not always relevant, I want to get a fresh look when some baddies are removed and that costs.
  • Updated score - You only get a fresh score if myfico creates and alert, not all changes create an alert, so you might had a change with no alert and your score is not updated.
  • Price - Kind of expensive to track all 3 scores.

Experian

What I like:

• Daily refresh
  • Really cool UI
  • Realy nicely done mobile app (I used the iPhone version)

What I would want

• The same service of all 3 CRAs
  • To be able to get immidatly in from Experian.com, ringht now too many clicks to get in
  • Too much upselling of the expenseive one time 3 CRA report

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFICO is way overpriced for continued service. It's a reasonable price for a short-term purchase to get a feel where one's credit is at, but lacks the critical ability to pull daily updated reports along with an updated FICO score like Experian does ($9.95 per month or there abouts with promo rate; call to cancel and they'll usually offer that).

Solely relying on alerts is a bad way to monitor one's credit reports / scores, because not all changes generate alerts. This can lead to much confusion. For example, a user that gets an alert for an adverse event, such as a HP, may see their score increase due to events they weren't alerted to (ie. aaoa changes, utilization, baddies falling off, etc).

If MyFICO ever adds full daily credit report and score updates with decent detail to their 3 bureau service at the same $24.95 price-point, they'd get a lot more business. As of now I use CK (and a few other free services, but are mostly redundent) along with EX, which pretty much covers it all, and at a price ($9.95/mo) that I can justify paying.

Message 8 of 27
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@NP27 wrote:

I already have EX, which lets me get a fresh report and score daily and I was wondering if I should also add TU and EQ's montioring service or just go with the MY Fico 3 in 1 monthly service for 24.95 month.  Thoughts?  What service do you have/like?

I don't use anything aside from Credit Karma. but it's really your call to make based on what you specifically need/want and what you're willing to pay  Do you need FICO's from all 3?  Do you need daily pulls?

Don't overlook prior discussions. EIDT and USAA's CCMP are a couple of monitoring services that seem to be popular.  Both offer daily pulls for all 3 but neither offers FICO's.

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

call up experian and tell em its too expensive. They will knock it down to 10.95/mo after trial period.

You can get daily full EX pulls and Fico08 score there

Below is ex of 1 time 3 report purchase (that I did by accident and they credited me after I called them immediately)

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.